• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Very Debt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Very Debt

Yes it will and I wish you all the best and hope that you are feeling a lot less stressed about your situation now.
    Even though you may feel you are the only one in this situation, trust me you are one of very, very many.
    Take Care
    Enaid x

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      RING STEPCHANGE and talk to them.

If it helps I only have the Very debt and two teeny credit cards (ie under £400 total) and they have put me on £1 a month temporarily while I get things sorted (ie start getting an income again). Talk to them about going to uni and worries about your credit file for getting a student loan ? (I guess that is your worry?) and tell them your parents have offered to helpwith your other smaller debts and it is just this Very one you are not going to be able to manage.
      Thanks I will, and I will let you know what they say xx

Comment

They really are easy and lovely to speak with. I absolutely hate using the phone ( as lots of people on here will testify to) and I could do it, so you definitely can xx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

They really are easy and lovely to speak with. I absolutely hate using the phone ( as lots of people on here will testify to) and I could do it, so you definitely can xx
          Hi
          I thought I would let you know how I got on Step change were very good, they recommend that set up a dmp so it takes the stress away from me trying to deal with them direct. I explained that my parents are willing to pay off my small balance on my card and would meet the monthly payments on my other debt. However Step Change advised me that I should include ALL my debts if I am going to take out a dmp because time to time my other creditors may look at my credit file and see that I am prioritising one debt for another (which I am not because I wouldn't be paying it ) but I see where they are coming from, however they said if the balance could be cleared quickly then it would no longer be a debt. So what we have decided to do is to clear the small balance credit card (£200) in two months and then add the rest of all my debts Very, Aqua Card and JD Williams to a dmp then at least it will all be out there on the table so to speak, and my parents don't have to commit to helping me out long term and at least I will know something will be paid off each of them, even though it wont be much. So in short we will clear this credit card completely and I will add my three remaining creditors to a dmp in 2 months. In the meantime I will pay Very a token payment. I have paid this month and I will pay a token payment next month to Very Aqua and JD williams, then when the third months payment is due I can tell them that I am working with Step Change and that I am in the process of taking out a dmp. What do you think Ames ?? xxx

Comment

That sounds like a marvellous plan to me Do you feel less stressed about things ? ( that's the main thing)
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

That sounds like a marvellous plan to me Do you feel less stressed about things ? ( that's the main thing)
              I really do, I was so stressed and it was really starting to have an affect on me. I was hoping t struggle on and try and keep meeting my payments but there comes a point where you just can't do it anymore. My only concern now is what actions Very make take against me in these next two months, while I have to make reduced payments but Step Change said just pay them something to show willing. I think I will feel relieved when the dmp is in place and than at least I know it is getting sorted. I cannot thank all you lovely people enough for all your help, and for being there for me, especially you Amethyst, you have been a fantastic support.....and by the way they said that my student finance would not be affected by a dmp....I hope I can come on here through the whole process for a bit of moral support ? Thank you again...xxx

Comment

Good I'm so pleased. I know it is tough to take these first steps and how much of a weight can be lifted once you take the bull by the horns. Just talking about it helps

Give Very the reference number from Stepchange - they should have given you one, tell Very you are talking with Stepchange so they should put things on hold for a month.

Well done and yes of course we're here for whatever you need xxxxxxxx
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Good I'm so pleased. I know it is tough to take these first steps and how much of a weight can be lifted once you take the bull by the horns. Just talking about it helps

Give Very the reference number from Stepchange - they should have given you one, tell Very you are talking with Stepchange so they should put things on hold for a month.

Well done and yes of course we're here for whatever you need xxxxxxxx
                  Thank you.....I do have a ref no but it's going to take approx 2 months to sort out, as it gives time to clear the credit card. Do you think they could put it on hold for 2 months or should I just expect it to be put on hold for one ? Sorry for all these questions. I am going to end up driving you crazy !! xxxx

Comment

[QUOTE=Takethis;517161]Thank you.....I do have a ref no but it's going to take approx 2 months to sort out, as it gives time to clear the credit card. Do you think they could put it on hold for 2 months or should I just expect it to be put on hold for one ? Sorry for all these questions. I am going to end up driving you crazy !! xxxx[/QU
                    Last edited by Takethis; 13th February 2015, 14:29:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X