• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

OneSure insurance scam or not?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OneSure insurance scam or not?

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    In the second page of the email it mentions 'this can be dealt with at the court hearing' - is this court claim still on going, has it been adjudged upon, or set aside applied for ?

Also if OneSure have taken the alleged debt themselves using this alleged CPA - what are they claiming for ?

ps. OneSure may have a look in tmw.
    We are working on to get it back in court to set aside, just that I am doing from Thursday, but they seem to have system problems.
    But rest assured they did take a note of it and will send out confirmation. (anyway it gives us more time to find more evidence.

What they are claiming is just a guess as they did not send out any document out for this.
    Over the phone they told me 1 month insurance, cancellation costs, missed arrangements costs, But also the full yearly premium of the excess policy and the legal protection also for a full year. (as they are claiming that money, maybe he can use it? He needs it badly)

Comment

Okay so you've completed your N244 application - what reasons for the set aside have you given, and have you written a defence against the claim to go alongside it ?

Has the court or claimant sent a copy of the original claim form to you ? (have you asked ?)
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Okay so you've completed your N244 application - what reasons for the set aside have you given, and have you written a defence against the claim to go alongside it ?

Has the court or claimant sent a copy of the original claim form to you ? (have you asked ?)
        I have the original here, and yes the form is filled out and sent.
        Just the system does not let them access the claim.
        Which seems just to be a typo, so I have the judgment but the court cannot find it back in the system.
        (can also be that the person just cannot use the system)
        So I did request a confirmation that they received the form (which they did) and after that we wait.
        But to be honest that I don't worry about.

The main reason is that he did not receive any notice as he was waiting for it.
        He has also proof that he did cancel after 4 days. (which they know, they even confirmed over the phone with me, recorded)
        And of course that a part of this claim is for a product he did not receive.
        And as counter claim he wants part of his deposit back.

Comment

I said "Illegally", which was a slip. (should have written"wrongly")
          I should explain the PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) prohibits the storage of card details on disc in plain language and also the retention post authorisation of the CVV code.
          The merchants account agreement will almost certainly state it must not be retained.

https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org
          Additionally, a number of regulatory bodies are requiring some companies to
          record and store telephone conversations in a range of situations. The
          Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), however,
          stipulates that the three-digit or four-digit card verification code or value
          printed on the card (CVV2, CVC2, CID, or CAV2) cannot be retained after
          authorization, and full primary account numbers (PANs) cannot be kept
          without further protection measures.

If it was a one time authorisation they should (must) not retain the CVV number.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
            I said "Illegally", which was a slip. (should have written"wrongly")
            I should explain the PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) prohibits the storage of card details on disc in plain language and also the retention post authorisation of the CVV code.
            The merchants account agreement will almost certainly state it must not be retained.

https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org
            Additionally, a number of regulatory bodies are requiring some companies to
            record and store telephone conversations in a range of situations. The
            Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), however,
            stipulates that the three-digit or four-digit card verification code or value
            printed on the card (CVV2, CVC2, CID, or CAV2) cannot be retained after
            authorization, and full primary account numbers (PANs) cannot be kept
            without further protection measures.

If it was a one time authorisation they should (must) not retain the CVV number.

So as he thought it was just for the deposit, which is basically confirmed with giving direct debit details for further monthly payments, means they simply cannot?
            He only knew about the terms after he received them at home.

Comment

If he paid a deposit, and set up a direct debit or CPA the CVV number would not be required for further withdrawals.
              And there was the caveat mentioned in your post 14 .

Comment

I've unapproved a couple of the attachments as the policy number was left on them. I think Des already has them and team can view them.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi

I'm a little uncomfortable going into too much detail on here as there were documents posted that could identify the client (albeit these have since been removed). Therefore, once I have concluded my investigations I will contact Terlouw Advice (my clients representative) directly with my findings.

I will however comment on the issue surrounding the Excess Protection policy schedule, and the comments made by Alpha. Alpha would not recognise this document or the client, as the clients cover was placed with a different underwriter. This document was erroneously sent out by our admin team because an incorrect code was entered into the system. The error did not effect the clients cover, or put them in any worse of a position than they would have been had the correct documentation been sent out. Please understand that by saying this I am not attempting to justify this mistake, I am merely reassuring everyone that there was no fraud, and that the client had the cover that they had been charged for.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification regarding the excess protection policy.

Would you now like to comment on the alleged retention of CVV card numbers?
                    This is an allegation we have heard here on LB previously.

Comment

Good Morning des8

I can confirm that we do not retain CVV numbers for any card payments that we take.

I can also confirm that I have specifically checked this clients records and our procedures have functioned correctly meaning that as stated, no CVV number was retained.

Comment

Please HELP!!!!!! One sure insurance won't fully refund even if I've cancelled the policy after 24h.they advertise you get a full refund within 48 hours if you cancel if you find a better quote . I've sent them the quote from another company and the still won't refund...what should I do ???!!!

Comment

Anyone?????!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

😓😓😓😓

Comment

Hi and welcome.

Please remember it is a Friday evening and posters on here do have other lives and interests, so you may not receive an instant response.
                            It would be better to start your own thread, so I am asking admin [MENTION=49370]Kati[/MENTION] to do it for you.

Could you please give us more info.
                            What sort of policy
                            when did you request quote
                            what inception date
                            when did you cancel
                            what method did you use to cancel(email/phone/letter)
                            Who is the new quote from

Comment

Originally posted by Caty View Post
                              Anyone?????!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

😓😓😓😓
                              Hi Caty

Without specific details I cannot look into your issue. What reason have you been given for the refund not being processed? Is your alternative quote like for like cover? When did the issue arise?

I would need the policyholders name, date of birth and address which obviously you cannot post in a public forum but I do not think there is a private message function on here? Do you have twitter at all? You can DM me there [MENTION=56862]One_sure[/MENTION]

Thanks
                              Last edited by One_sure; 19th November 2016, 21:41:PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

There is a PM function on this site, although its use is discouraged.
                                And I'm sure admin could facilitate the passing of confidential info

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X