• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HCE Group - what do I need to do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCE Group - what do I need to do?

In 2013 Charterhouse Claims did a PPI claimback for me for PPI paid on a loan and a credit card. Claim was successful, and the money recieved was paid off the still outstanding balances. Charterhouse then sent their invoice. I was unable to make a lump sum payment but repeatedly offered weekly & monthly amounts. All were refused (unfortunately I don't have proof of this).

The balance was then passed to Carrick Read Insolvency in 2014. From june or july of this year until this last week I have paid them £10 per week (i have bank statments as proof). CR maintained throughout that Charterhouse refused my offer of payment, although I maintained the payment schedule and the amount outstanding has overall reduced.

CR then informed me in October that court action was being brought by charterhouse. I recieved nothing in the post, and on emailing CR I recieved the forms I needed at the last minute - the cut off date for the forms to be completed and returned was the next day. Unfortunately the forms didn't get there in time and a default CCJ was recorded. At this point payments were still being made to CR each week, none have been missed.

On Thursday 4th December I recieved a Notice of Enforcement from High Court Enforcement Group stating that £xxxx is outstanding and I have to pay in full (not possible) or make a payment arrangement (this is my preferred option) with their Enforcement Agent (bailiff?) by December 13th.

Today I completed and returned form N245 directly to the court offering payments of £xx per week. I also emailed CR to advise them of the offer i am making (this offer is higher than the amount currently paid).

What do I do now? Do I wait for a response from court? What happens if the enforcement officer comes before i get an answer from the court? If I make a payment arrangement can they still take goods? And would they then be able to force entry (my fear is that I make a payment arrangement, stick to it,but still come home one day to find my front door forced open and my belongings gone. Can they actually do that?)

Sorry for rambling! Any advice would be much appreciated

Re: HCE Group - what do I need to do?

Originally posted by vonnychops View Post

Today I completed and returned form N245 directly to the court offering payments of £xx per week. I also emailed CR to advise them of the offer i am making (this offer is higher than the amount currently paid).

What do I do now? Do I wait for a response from court? What happens if the enforcement officer comes before i get an answer from the court? If I make a payment arrangement can they still take goods? And would they then be able to force entry (my fear is that I make a payment arrangement, stick to it,but still come home one day to find my front door forced open and my belongings gone. Can they actually do that?)

Sorry for rambling! Any advice would be much appreciated
    In cases like this there are 2 applications to make. You have done 1 but the other application is the more important. This is for a Stay of Execution against the HCEO & Writ. This applied for on Form N244 and the application fee is £155 unless you are on certain benefits or low wage. If granted the Stay prevents the HCEO continuing enforcement or adding further charges. As it is at present there is nothing to prevent him attending & enforcing.

Regardless of anything else the HCEO has no automatic right of entry to your home and cannot force entry unless he has previously been in. Make sure anything of value outside is removed from sight - normal target will be a car.

Comment

Thanks for your help - I'll get the other form done today.

I don't have a car so there's nothing of value for them to take there!

If they do attend before i get a response from court what is my best course of action? Ignore them? Talk throught he letterbox? Go outside to talk? I won;t beletting them in!

Comment

How much is HCE seeking on the Notice of Enforcement and was offer of repayment have you proposed on your N245?

Comment

Judgement was made for £929.12

HCE are quoting £1043.12 owing to charterhouse, then with their fees on top they currently want £1333.31.

I've offered £50 a week (literally don't have a spare penny over that much)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X