• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Originally posted by Ivanidea666 View Post
    Hi I've just received a court date today for April 30th....According to the paperwork the claimant/Richard Howard has until April 7th to pay the £25 hearing fee or the case will be removed from the list....let's hope that he doesn't bother to pay!
    He had better hope the judge doesn't try and renew his passport meantime and stumble in the wrong direction....:tongue2:

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Originally posted by Ivanidea666 View Post
      Hi I've just received a court date today for April 30th....According to the paperwork the claimant/Richard Howard has until April 7th to pay the £25 hearing fee or the case will be removed from the list....let's hope that he doesn't bother to pay!
      He has been paying the hearing fee.

What date does your witness statement and documents to rely on need to be in by ? ( ok by 16th April http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-by-16th-April )
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

So I have unfortunatly had to bite the bullet and pay this person. My father had a stroke, so my main concerns was that, not responding to the court. I have received a Judjement for Claimant (in default) form, but i am slightly confused by it. Under the section of where to pay, it has my name and address, not UK services and passport. Do I have to pay myself? Because i'm fine with that judgement. Ill post an image.

Attached Files
        Last edited by EXC; 27th March 2015, 07:58:AM.

Comment

sorry didnt read properly first
          crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Hi Dan

I've redacted the personal information from the image of the judgment.

BPS are notorious for filing in the wrong information on court forms so they probably gave the court the wrong payee information. As the judgment states you have to pay the claimant (regardless of the incorrect payee information) I don't think it's worth disputing. If you pay within 28 days of the judgment you won't get the CCJ registered against you.

Comment

Hehe, I thought as much. Would this be something for other people to look out for before a judgment is made? Would it help their case if incorrect info was supplied. Plus, i know this may sound silly, but how do i go about paying? I don't have a chequebook, plus i would rather just pay immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan.h View Post
                Hehe, I thought as much. Would this be something for other people to look out for before a judgment is made? Would it help their case if incorrect info was supplied. Plus, i know this may sound silly, but how do i go about paying? I don't have a chequebook, plus i would rather just pay immediately.
                Their usual error is to enter the defendant's details on the claim form in the box reserved for the claimant's solicitors details but these are common administrative errors that don't really help the defendant.

You have to pay the claimant directly (not the court) quoting your reference number and the claim ref number. So contact them. I'm sure you can do this using a credit or debit card.

Comment

I have found the leaflet the BPS sent with the methods of payment. It gives me no pleasure paying this. If i can offer any advise to anyone else, do not write this off as empty threats. Do contact this fantastic site. Do fight it. My heart goes out to anyone facing the stress of this tyrant. Thank you Legal Beagles, carry on fighting the good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan.h View Post
                    So I have unfortunatly had to bite the bullet and pay this person. My father had a stroke, so my main concerns was that, not responding to the court. I have received a Judjement for Claimant (in default) form, but i am slightly confused by it. Under the section of where to pay, it has my name and address, not UK services and passport. Do I have to pay myself? Because i'm fine with that judgement. Ill post an image.

Hi Dan

Sorry to hear about your father, and of course, that must take precedent over anything else.

When you pay send the payment to UK Services & Support at the 12 Deer Park Road address, by debit or credit card over the phone - they do have a settleinvoice page on their website too which I think has bank transfer details on, ahh here http://settleinvoice.org.uk/ - keep and send evidence of the payment made to the Court as well,with your claim reference, just in case UKS&S forget to inform the court.

Also dan, out of interest, ''i will provide the defendant with separate detailed particulars within 14 days after service of the claim form." - did you ever receive those detailed particulars? You COULD call the court and tell them you were awaiting those before acknowledging the claim and query the default judgment.

Completely up to you and I understand completely if you'd rather just pay and put it behind you xx

Best wishes

Sharon
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      Also dan, out of interest, ''i will provide the defendant with separate detailed particulars within 14 days after service of the claim form." - did you ever receive those detailed particulars? You COULD call the court and tell them you were awaiting those before acknowledging the claim and query the default judgment.
                      It's certainly worth considering this Dan. And if you speak to the court do tell them that you need a response urgently as you only have a few days left to pay.

Comment

If I had the time or the energy, I would fight this to the hilt. Unfortunately, my time is best spent looking after my family at this difficult time. I will just pay. Thank you LB team, your awesome.

Comment

Thanks Dan. Absolutely understandable. Best wishes to you and your family xxx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

You are right Dan.h, always family first and also your decision as to how far you go with anything like this.
                            Good luck and I do hope you your dad is soon well again.
                            Enaid x

Hopefully we will be reading about the end of these scam sites, but without people coming forward as you did we may never know the extent of the scams, so well done for that.

Comment

Family first Dan always and hope he is feeling much better soon.

Amethyst now you have mentioned it BPS haven't provided me with particulars of the claim within 14 days? I am up to the stage of no to mediation and have selected small claims track and my county local court. Has he provided any of the others defending with particulars of the claim?

Comment

No he hasn't, but he's only used that sentence in a couple of claims. When you get to doing your Witness Statement we should include that he said he'd send detailed particulars and didn't. I'm not sure quite why he is doing it, probably just to confuse matters.
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X