• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UK Services & Support Ltd Passport Scam

'' Your contract, receipt and a breakdown of your Overdue Invoice Charges a'' is that ''are attached''

if so, can you post those up (or fwd email )
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

what should I do. this people try to scared me, should i ask to prove that they made an appointment for me.

Comment

No, I wouldn't even reply to them.

Yes they are trying to scare you.

There has been no meeting and you do not owe them any money.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

do you thin they will take me to court.
          how can they probe that they book an appointment for me.

Comment

You have one post. Proof please that you are not them!

Comment

Hi there

And hello Campana14

I am in the same boat and have received the EXACT same letters as you, it sounds like we are actually at the very SAME stage of proceedings which is interesting. The 4:1 meeting letter the lot.

They have also sent registered mail to my house.

I note that someone above us on this forum paid up, after receiving court documents, I am a bit suspicious about that post and I would like to see proof. I don't think Citizen's advice have any idea, my GUESS is that these letters and documents are written in a way that the Citizen's advice bureaux might THINK looks official and therefore advise you to pay. An actual legal councillor would advise otherwise.

At the moment I am not going to panic as it's Christmas, my guess is their final move would be to open a small claims case against me, but I believe that is for amounts under 100 pounds.

I will also email the admins with the contracts and all the stuff they supplied to me.

Admins I hope that is OK.

In searching around the net I found quite a few people in the same boat, I think we owe it to people to make sure these kind of dishonest people don't get paid and for that information to be out there for everyone.

People like this exist and we must put a stop to it.
              Last edited by aviduser; 12th December 2014, 07:34:AM. Reason: SPELLING !!!

Comment

Forgot something.

Earlier in the year the ASA won a case against them, the web site we see now looks substantially different to the one I logged into. The original one looked much closer to the Official web site.

Comment

Thank you avid I'll keep an eye on my emails.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Email sent please check junk I sent it at 8:57am

Have attached all correspondence from them in a word file and two PDF files.

Cheers

Comment

I talked with CAB, and they have advised me to write to this copycat company and ask them to prove it that they was an appoitment in my name that day.

Comment

Thank you avid for the documents - helps suss out the situation. They have listed an appointment date on the documents, I realise it is impossible for you to check now. I'll have another read through and I think you will need to respond, though I would be inclined to wait and see if they do bring a court claim.

Presumably Campana will have the same documents. Campana telephoned the Passport office on the morning the appointment they had meant to have booked was, to be told there was no appointment booked - I think that makes things simpler in that case. I agree with CAB having now seen the 'contract', that Campana should write to the company - the service 'ordered' was not provided - in that the appointment was not booked. Therefore the company breached the contract.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Can they bring us to court, even the website is misleading

Comment

Originally posted by Campana14 View Post
                            Can they bring us to court, even the website is misleading
                            That is the 117 pound question. Will they bother to bring the case when they would bring attention to their fraudulent web site. I will wait and see if court documents turn up and take it from there.

If we have help from legal beagles we might be able to work this out.

Comment

Complaint to CAB, they will pass this information to Trading Standard. You should call the real passport office and make sure they book an appointment for you

Comment

When I told them that I wasn't going to pay as their website was seen as misleading by the Advertising Standards Authority they replied with this link: http://www.ukpassportoffices.co.uk/a...d-support-ltd/ and said call ASA if I dont believe the article. They said this adjudication was thrown out as the ASA ombudsman found a "serious flaw" in the investigation of ukpassportoffices.co.uk and THAT THERE IS NO "UPHELD" COMPLAINT OR ADJUDICATION AGAINST THEIR WEBSITE. How can this be true??? Do these websites have a regulator? Taking legal advice soon to see if their contract is compliant and if they'd have a case if they issued legal proceedings.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X