• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Hi guys just to let you all know that the court at Kings Lynn just made a judgement in my favour. The issue in my case was that they made me an appointment at Peterborough passport office on the morning of the day of my flight which wasn't "practicable" as the judge described it. He said that basically they couldn't hide behind terms and conditions to expect me to accept a useless appointment and he ruled that therefore they hadn't provided me with service that they'd claimed to have done. He said that in my case it wasn't important if they were a copycat or official company they simply hadn't provided the required service. No one from BPS came in person and they relied solely on their witness statement. I was awarded £109 costs, payable within 14 days....
    Thanks to everyone for all your positive encouragement and good luck to everyone at Legal Beagles for your support during this overwhelming experience regards Ivan Barker

Comment

• Re: UK Services & Support Ltd BRITISHPassportServices Copycat Website issues DISCUSSI

Bingo!

Well done.

Comment

Well done Ivan and good news re costs, did you have to ask for costs or did the Judge automatically award them to you after asking how it had disrupted your day (i.e lost wages, travel,parking)
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Superb.

Phew.

Well done xxxxxx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

This is great news. Well done. I hope everyone who wins pursues this guy the costs just as aggressively as he pursued us for his. My big problem is I can't personally attend Court. What happens if neither side turns up?

Comment

Hi everyone! The judge was very clear about cutting through the 'narrative' and making a judgement very quickly in my favour. ...I asked for costs and he awarded me £90 for loss of earnings as well as £19 for travel costs -£109 xxx

Comment

Originally posted by aviduser View Post
                This is great news. Well done. I hope everyone who wins pursues this guy the costs just as aggressively as he pursued us for his. My big problem is I can't personally attend Court. What happens if neither side turns up?
                If you let the court know before hand they should hear it on paper.... don't just not turn up, let them know in advance - they may adjourn it until you can go, or they may hear it on paper (witness statements etc).
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Nice one Ivan, well done! The more costs he incurs the less likely he'll be inclined to continue with the cases and the more chance of him going bump.

SEND IN THE SHERIFFS!

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanidea666 View Post
                    Hi everyone! The judge was very clear about cutting through the 'narrative' and making a judgement very quickly in my favour. ...I asked for costs and he awarded me £90 for loss of earnings as well as £19 for travel costs -£109 xxx
                    Had Richard Howard told the court before hand he wouldn't be going ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...es/part27#27.9

Non-attendance of parties at a final hearing
                      (1) If a party who does not attend a final hearing–
                      (a) has given written notice to the court and the other party at least 7 days before the hearing date that he will not attend;
                      (b) has served on the other party at least 7 days before the hearing date any other documents which he has filed with the court; and
                      (c) has, in his written notice, requested the court to decide the claim in his absence and has confirmed his compliance with paragraphs (a) and (b) above,
                      the court will take into account that party’s statement of case and any other documents he has filed and served when it decides the claim.
                      (2) If a claimant does not –
                      (a) attend the hearing; and
                      (b) give the notice referred to in paragraph (1),
                      the court may strike out(GL) the claim.
                      (3) If –
                      (a) a defendant does not –
                      (i) attend the hearing; or
                      (ii) give the notice referred to in paragraph (1); and
                      (b) the claimant either –
                      (i) does attend the hearing; or
                      (ii) gives the notice referred to in paragraph (1),
                      the court may decide the claim on the basis of the evidence of the claimant alone.
                      (4) If neither party attends or gives the notice referred to in paragraph (1), the court may strike out the claim and any defence and counterclaim.

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanidea666 View Post
                        Hi guys just to let you all know that the court at Kings Lynn just made a judgement in my favour. The issue in my case was that they made me an appointment at Peterborough passport office on the morning of the day of my flight which wasn't "practicable" as the judge described it. He said that basically they couldn't hide behind terms and conditions to expect me to accept a useless appointment and he ruled that therefore they hadn't provided me with service that they'd claimed to have done. He said that in my case it wasn't important if they were a copycat or official company they simply hadn't provided the required service. No one from BPS came in person and they relied solely on their witness statement. I was awarded £109 costs, payable within 14 days....
                        Thanks to everyone for all your positive encouragement and good luck to everyone at Legal Beagles for your support during this overwhelming experience regards Ivan Barker
                        Very well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                          Had Richard Howard told the court before hand he wouldn't be going ?
                          We don't know but what's becoming clear, and as we suspected, he's unlikely to attend any cases and as such will be at a distinct disadvantage as he won't be able to argue his 'case'.

Comment

Hi I phoned the court yesterday, as Nick suggested, and asked if Richard Howard had informed them if he was going to come or not and they told me that they hadn't heard anything and therefore wouldn't know until the time of the hearing itself.

Comment

Congratulations Ivan on winning your case. Time to make stronger cases to help his other victims.
                              If Knowledge is Power . . . . . . .Then I Could Easily Light an L.E.D

Comment

Fan bloody tanstic really pleased for you. I bet you feel proud for fighting because I am proud you did just dreading my turn.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X