• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

M&S store to credit card alleged debt sold to First Credit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M&S store to credit card alleged debt sold to First Credit

Just as I mentioned to Flaming Parrot recently that I had not heard from the Ba$tard$ for a long time I received the following from M&S Bank:

"Dear Mr $quandaŁot

M&S Credit Card account number: xxxx xxxx - Balance: Ł10k+

We have assigned 1st Credit (Finance) Limited to take ownership of your account from 21/11/2014. !st Credit (Finance) Limited will take responsibility as the data controller for your account. This means that they are responsible for maintaining information about your account, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. As 1st Credit (Finance) Limited is now the owner of your account, M&S Bank will no longer contact you directly for repayment.

1st Credit (Finance) Limited has appointed 1st Credit Limited to manage your account and they will contact you directly to request repayment on their behalf. Please direct all your future payments or any queries to 1st Credit Limited. 1st Credit Limited's contact and payment information is provided in the enclosed introductory letter.

We have notified the credit reference agencies of this change in ownership, which can take up to 45 days to show on your credit file.

Yours sincerely

Mark Delahunty
    Senior Collections and Recoveries Manager
    M&S Bank"

So the Ba$tard$ finally had enough of my Mayhew template letters? They first tried Rockwell, then Credit Security Limited but didn't get very far.

Any advice? Should I sent my next Mayhew template letter, must be number seven or eight now? Or would a standard 'account sold whilst under dispute' letter be a better option?
    Tags: None

Re: M&S store to credit card alleged debt sold to First Credit

That's just a standard notice of assignment, which they are obliged to send when they buy an account.

I'd wait for them to write to you making demands for payment, threats, etc. When I got a NoA from 1st Crud a few years ago, it was swiftly followed by a number of letters. Do post up when you receive your first. :typing:

Hopefully it won't be until after Xmas. :26:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X