Thread: Court Claim - Lowells / BW Legal SD Set aside over a year ago now received claim form

• Display
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Court Claim - Lowells / BW Legal SD Set aside over a year ago now received claim form

Hi, I recently received a claim form (in the County Court Business Centre??) From Lowells / BW legal. The claim is for £7700 plus Court fee £410 plus Solicitors costs £100 making a total of £8210.

In October 2013 I had the Statutory Demand scenario and Kate sorted the whole thing out for me. At the time I sent the £1 for the credit agreement and did not receive anything back from them. Kate successfully had the SD set aside.

As far as I can see the account was opened in July 2005 and the last payment I made was in Nov 2009, However I did claim some charges back in 2010 that were credited to my account.

The original amount of the Statutory demand was £7000 and that was the amount in all previous letters from them (its now £7700?), I have had no correspondence at all from Lowells since the SD was set aside.

Obviously I want to defend the claim! Surely as they have never sent me the copy of the agreement (that I paid for over a year ago) and have never sent me anything since then until the claim form and the fact that they have increased the amount I "owe" by another £700 (without explanation) they are out of order?

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Default Re: Court Claim - Lowells / BW Legal SD Set aside over a year ago now received claim

Quote Originally Posted by AllanKevin View Post
    Hi, I recently received a claim form (in the County Court Business Centre??) From Lowells / BW legal. The claim is for £7700 plus Court fee £410 plus Solicitors costs £100 making a total of £8210.

In October 2013 I had the Statutory Demand scenario and Kate sorted the whole thing out for me. At the time I sent the £1 for the credit agreement and did not receive anything back from them. Kate successfully had the SD set aside.

As far as I can see the account was opened in July 2005 and the last payment I made was in Nov 2009, However I did claim some charges back in 2010 that were credited to my account.

The original amount of the Statutory demand was £7000 and that was the amount in all previous letters from them (its now £7700?), I have had no correspondence at all from Lowells since the SD was set aside.

Obviously I want to defend the claim! Surely as they have never sent me the copy of the agreement (that I paid for over a year ago) and have never sent me anything since then until the claim form and the fact that they have increased the amount I "owe" by another £700 (without explanation) they are out of order?

Any advice would be very much appreciated
    That seems to be a new trend from the Dynamic Duo.

You may want to look at this thread where they did the exact same thing: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...977#post495977

As you will see, they got in touch with Kate. :typing:

For reference, this is the previous SD thread: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...754#post382754