• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

TBI Financial

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBI Financial

Has anyone had experience of TBI coercing them into voluntary Charging Orders without even a CCJ being in place? In my case I even think this is for a debt that wasn't mine anyway. I have written to TBI requesting the original agreement, but, you've guessed it......... nothing! This goes back to 2006 when my debt problems were at their most oppressive, with CCJ after CCJ and several charging orders being served on us. It is only now that I have come to deal with the charging orders that the TBI one has caused me some concern.
    Tags: None

Re: TBI Financial

Hi, TBI 20 year old company based in Reading very persistent.=, very litigious .
    Did you make a CCA request including the £ 1 statutory fee? If not you will be ignored.##
    Why is this CO causing problems, what is the underlying debt?

If you did make a " proper request" make Formal Complaint to Kevin Edgar (Director).

Comment

No, I sent in one of the standard "I do not recognize this debt..." letters and quoting the 12 day response requirement. They did reply, saying it would probably take longer than the 12 days to get a response from the original lender, but that was nearly two months ago. Some history: after the voluntary secured charge was obtained by TBI, correspondence started coming from Rippon, Patel & French Solicitors, but they don't have it now. As I say, I have no recollection of an original debt to the tune of 10 K but they could have 'bundled up' other debts I suppose, meaning that I am being chased by several collectors for the same debts. Interestingly, TBI were the only ones who didn't go the CCJ route and instead got the VC out of me. I suspect foul play. Should I still contact the director?

Comment

Yes, a formal complaint obliges TBI to fully investigate and respond within 56 days.
        I suggest that you lay out clearly the " events" and responses received and require
        TBI to disclose the name of the original creditor and justification of the amount it is
        pursuing.

If TBI does not come up with the information it may be necessary to make a Subject
        Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998 to get All the personal data TBI
        holds on you and the alleged debt. Try the formal complaint first it cost only a stamp
        whereas a SAR has a fee of £10.

Is debt on credit reference files?

Comment

OK, I will try the complaint route first. No, the debt no longer appears on my C R.

Comment

In the mean time it may be worth checking the LAND REGISTRY IN REGARD TO THE CO.

Comment

Originally posted by andy338 View Post
              Has anyone had experience of TBI coercing them into voluntary Charging Orders without even a CCJ being in place? In my case I even think this is for a debt that wasn't mine anyway. I have written to TBI requesting the original agreement, but, you've guessed it......... nothing! This goes back to 2006 when my debt problems were at their most oppressive, with CCJ after CCJ and several charging orders being served on us. It is only now that I have come to deal with the charging orders that the TBI one has caused me some concern.
              Are you saying you consented to a voluntary charge on your home for a debt that wasn't yours? How did that happen? Was it incurred by a former partner or close family member of yours? The only time I can think of when a voluntary charge could be an option is when the creditor is about to make you bankrupt. :ohwell:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X