• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enforcement Costs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforcement Costs

I have received a letter from Rossendales and it states: FINAL REMINDER - DO NOT IGNORE.

Outstanding amount: £200 (£75 of this is Rossendales initial charge)
    Enforcement Costs incurred £235

Total amount outstanding: £435
    It says'Despite previous correspondence you have not made payment to clear the over due balance above. When the enforcement agent attends with the intention to take control of and remove your goods etcetc.
    In order to avoid the removal of goods contact us immediately'.

I had missed a payment to Rossendales.

My questions are, on receipt of letter I contacted my local council they agreed to reduce my monthly payment and start repayments again and that they would inform Rossendales. However council said I would have to pay full charges (£435) to Rossendales. I contacted Rossendales (by email) and they said the same. How can Rossendales charge me £235 for a visit that never took place. I know this because the council said that Rossendales had informed them that they visited my property on 17 November, but luckily I was in all day and all evening and had no such visit. Can anyone help/advise. PS: sorry for long post.
    Tags: None

Re: Enforcement Costs

Hi

email both rossendales and the council, mark it as a complaint.

State that you agree that you owe some council tax, and that you did miss a payment becuase you were financial struggling. and that you would agree to the cost of £ 235 . ( already including the 75 fee ). But you disagree with the further claims.

State that you was in all that day and no body called.

( was there any paperwork left through teh door ),, if not, state that as well.

Tell them, that your concerned that its a phantom visit, and that the charge is not only improper, it may be an attempt to defraud, and you are concerend that they have done this whiles acting as agents for the council..

State that they iether

1. Withdraw the further charge and acsept your payment as offered.

or

2. Send what proof they have for the visit.

Tell them, if they take option 1 at this opportunity, you will withdraw your complaint, if not, ask them to make sure the complaint is fully processed through there systems in the next 14 days to allow you to take it to the external regulators.

ask them to acknowledge the email by return.

Post back up what they respond with
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

I have already e mailed Rossendales much similar to your advice (not heard from them yet). I will now e mail the council with it as a complaint. So thanks for that great advice and I will post the outcome.

terryjohn

Comment

Originally posted by terryjohn View Post
        I have already e mailed Rossendales much similar to your advice (not heard from them yet). I will now e mail the council with it as a complaint. So thanks for that great advice and I will post the outcome.
        rossendales enforcement agents wear recording cameras, so you would be best asking for them to view the video of the visit to prove it took place.
        None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases

Comment

Hello Crazy Council. Its been a while but I finally had a result against Rossendales. I made a formal complaint to both Rosendales and the council. The council si still looking into it. However, I challenged Rossendales stating they never visited me and have subsequently proved they went to the wrong address (not even in my street). At first they agreed to waiver the £235 visitng fee, I appealed and said they could not waiver it as they were not entitled to charge me as they had not visited. I then said as a gesture of good will they ought to waiver the initial £75 fee - which they have done - result. Just to add that with many e mails/letters sent over last 3 months I also produced an admin bill of £125 to Rossendales for my time and effort throughout - Im still waiting on that response, but thanks for your help and advice, it does go to show that if you think they are wrong to challenge them!!!

Comment

You have done well, great stuff.

Comment

Very unusual for a EA to relinquish the compliance fee. in this case they should be praised I think for going above and beyond, they made an error and they rectified it. Well done all round.

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
                Very unusual for a EA to relinquish the compliance fee. in this case they should be praised I think for going above and beyond, they made an error and they rectified it. Well done all round.
                More likely because they were caught out.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                  More likely because they were caught out.
                  Oh you are such an old cynic ��

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X