• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SD Set aside last year, now received a country court claim form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD Set aside last year, now received a country court claim form

Kate Briscoe took on the case and had the SD set aside, now faced with a county court claim form from same solicitors.

What action should I take now ?

Thanks,
    Tags: None

Re: SD Set aside last year, now received a country court claim form

Please could you provide more information as to what help you are seeking now (without giving your personal details)? x

Comment

Well last October when BW issued the stat demand, they were unable to comply with the CCA request and the stat demand was set aside after being represented by Kate Briscoe.

Can the same set of solicitors now just send this county court claim form after their previous non compliance ? Also, should I just be contacting the solicitors where Kate works, would they still be assigned to this ?

Not sure what my course of action should be.

Comment

Is there still no CCA available?
        Certainly try to contact the solicitors as they are familiar with your case.

Comment

Mdg - I'm not able to answer your questions, sorry, but someone who is will be along soon - be patient - and if you are able to supply more info that will help people advise then please do

Comment

Originally posted by nemesis45 View Post
            Is there still no CCA available?
            Certainly try to contact the solicitors as they are familiar with your case.
            No, CC was never produced following request last October. They just sent what I presume to be a standard letter saying that they would have to ask original creditor for requested docs.

Comment

Actually, the SD was withdrawn looking back on my success thread from last year.

Comment

Originally posted by mdg76 View Post
                Well last October when BW issued the stat demand, they were unable to comply with the CCA request and the stat demand was set aside after being represented by Kate Briscoe.

Can the same set of solicitors now just send this county court claim form after their previous non compliance ? Also, should I just be contacting the solicitors where Kate works, would they still be assigned to this ?
                They may not be assigned as such since the case was successfully concluded at the time, :yo: however, they would still have your file. If you look at her signature, you'll find Kate is on maternity leave, however, others at the firm may be able to help. You could try PT2537 who is also a lawyer with the same firm. :thumb:

Comment

Going back to your other thread, I can't see a response to the question below, which is very relevant when a court claim is issued. Maybe because Kate was on the case very quickly, :yo: it wasn't necessary to go further, however, it would be useful to know the answer to this question now:
                  Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  The most important factor is whether you opened this account before or after April 2007. That's when section 78 becomes make or break. What can you remember about this?
                  On the post below you say is for "around 4 years ago", that means around 5 years ago today. Have you any idea when you last made a payment?

Originally posted by mdg76 View Post
                  In it is a SD for a credit card debt from Halifax BOS.. Handed to me today 3rd October, yet signed by BW Legal on 23rd September. They mention the 18 days. Is this from today or 23rd September ?

I had taken previous advice and just ignored letters so this is for around 4 years ago.

I haven't done anything before like requested signed credit agreement, NOA etc. Is it now too late ?

I will be redundant come 17th December so could possibly just offer them a percentage settlement at this date when I could afford something.

What do I need to do about this SD ?

I don't recall having recd a default notice from HBOS or anything saying they have passed the debt on to Lowell..

Amount is 6900.

Comment

Hi there :tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Just got your PM; which I shall reply to but in the meantime for the benefit of others in the same shoes, have they sent you any documents in response to the original CCA request?

Kate
                    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                      Hi there :tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Just got your PM; which I shall reply to but in the meantime for the benefit of others in the same shoes, have they sent you any documents in response to the original CCA request?

Kate
                      Thank you, no nothing ever received from them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X