• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** WON ** Lowell/Bryan Carter - lloyds tsb - DISCONTINUED

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** WON ** Lowell/Bryan Carter - lloyds tsb - DISCONTINUED

Received a claim? Yes
    Issue Date: 24/11/14
    Amount approx: 4525.45
    Claimant: Lowell
    Solicitor: Bryan Carter
    Original Credit: Lloyds TSB unsecured loan

Particulars of Claim:

The claimants claim is for the sum of 3944.87, being monies due from the defendant to the claimant under an agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 between the defendant and Lloyds
    under account reference xxxxxxxxxxxxxx and assigned to the claimant on 04/07/2013 Notice of which has been given to the defendant.
    the defendant failed to maintain contractual repayment under the terms of the agreement and a default notice has been served which as not been complied with.

And the claimant claims 3944.87

The claimant also claims statutory interest pursuant to S.69 of the county act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment of the agreement to date but limited to a maximum of 1000 amounting 315.58.

Stat Barred? Yes - last payment on account confirmed by Lloyds TSB was 01/08/2008

Have sent: acknowledgement of service online with defend in full

Other Info:

date of default on credit ref is 20/02/09 but last payment on account was 01/08/08 so I think this is stat barred

Tags: None

Re: Lowell/Bryan Carter - lloyds tsb

The entry date of 'default' on your credit file can be ignored. The relevant date in this case would be last payment or acknowledgment of payment toward account.
    So this debt should be time barred.
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Thanks for that Celestine :O) a glimmer of hope

Is there a certain templete I should state time barred on my defence to the court ?

Comment

What is the best way to proceed now do I need to send anything to Bryan carter ?

I received the letter the day after the count court claim form from bryan carter stating they had filed a claim surely they should have sent that first ?

Comment

Originally posted by Niknaksky View Post
          Thanks for that Celestine :O) a glimmer of hope

Is there a certain templete I should state time barred on my defence to the court ?
          What is the best way to proceed now do I need to send anything to Bryan carter ?
          Basically you have two options:
          1. If you are 100% sure the debt is SBd, you could go ahead and submit a SBd defence such as:
          The claim was issued on the 24th of November 2014.
          The Defendant contends that this is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of Section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980 in that in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action accrued. No acknowledgement or payment on this debt has been made since August 2008.
          2. You can go through the motions and request documents, etc. so, you have a back-up plan in case it turns out not to be SB. There have been some cases where payments were made and they had been forgotten. In that case, you send a CCA request to Lowell and a CPR 31.14 request to Bryan Carter as detailed here: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...it-Court-Claim

Lack of response to your CCA request can be used in your defence.

I received the letter the day after the count court claim form from bryan carter stating they had filed a claim surely they should have sent that first ?
          Yes, according to the pre-action conduct they should have, however, BC seldom follow procedure.

Lack of compliance with the pre-action conduct in itself doesn't stop them from obtaining judgment. It can have an effect on costs but this is likely to go to small claims where costs are not normally awarded. :ohwell:
          Last edited by FlamingParrot; 28th November 2014, 21:43:PM.

Comment

Ok thank you flamingparrot very much appreciated

Comment

WHat date do I need to state here To enable me to file my defence and/or counterclaim, I require inspection of documents you mention in your statement of case ahead of filing my defence on XX XXXX 201X. ?

Comment

Are you requesting an extension to the defence filing deadline? Currently your deadline will be the date you received the claim plus 28 days. So, that would be around 25th December! Given that they have to provide documents to prove their case, you should ask for a further 28 days (max) to file defence under CPR 15.5 (It should be mentioned in the template)
                "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

So i put the 25th of december and they ask for an extension ? or shall I add a line to request an extra 28 days ?

Comment

Its you who request the extension, they certainly won't offer it. To allow them time to comply with your 31.14 request you can ask for up to 28 more days under CPR 15.5 to file a defence. If they agree, IN WRITING, the court will also need to be notified.

Comment

Well I sent the CPR 31.14 and cca requests and so far received a reply from BC with what seems to be the standard response everyone refers to "we confirm this matter will most properly be allocated to the small claims track" and that their client is not agreeable to an extension for me to file my defence.

they also go on to acknowledge receipt of my acknowledgement of service.

any further advise would be greatly received.
                      and thank you for the advice so far.

Comment

Well I sent the CPR 31.14 and cca requests and so far received a reply from BC with what seems to be the standard response everyone refers to "we confirm this matter will most properly be allocated to the small claims track" and that their client is not agreeable to an extension for me to file my defence.

they also go on to acknowledge receipt of my acknowledgement of service.

any further advise would be greatly received.
                        and thank you for the advice so far.
                        That's their standard templated response. This is the usual response to such letters: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...385#post410385

Comment

I have been ill for the last few days so have not had chance to do anything yet.

I will fire the response letter back to them today.
                          With me being 99.9% sure it is time barred should I file my defence on these grounds now or wait for them to reply the my response?

Comment

I have been ill for the last few days so have not had chance to do anything yet.

I will fire the response letter back to them today.
                            With me being 99.9% sure it is time barred should I file my defence on these grounds now or wait for them to reply the my response?
                            Your choice really. From experience on here, BC never supply any documents and people end up either submitting a defence without them or submitting an application to the court to force disclosure. This course of action is only suggested in certain circumstances, probably not in your case. If you are that positive about it being SBd, the you can go ahead and submit a SBd defence. Just keep an eye on the calendar. :clock:
                            Last edited by FlamingParrot; 11th December 2014, 03:01:AM.

Comment

Well I have sent the response and received a letter back.

"we refer you to our previous letter dated ****** and reiterate it's contents.
                              we confirm this mater will most properly be allocated to the small claims track" etc

surely if it is a legal requirement to provide these details they should get in trouble with the courts ?

i am pretty sure it's sb but would of liked to have confirmed it by the paperwork.

so not sure if to file it as sb or what other option do I have?

if I file it as sb could you point me in the direction of a template to use please?

As always I appreciate the help

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X