• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Redundancy & final payment from employer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redundancy & final payment from employer

Hi,

I am just after a little advice. My daughter is currently working for a law firm that is going into administration.

In October she was given a 4 week notice period after a 30 day consultation period that she sat through in September. Tomorrow is her last day of employment at the firm.

The company she has worked for had issues with a referral company and this is how this whole episode started. The referral company turned all their servers off and unbelievably these have only been switched on officially today, after having to have a new server reinstalled (it's an electronic office).

Her payday is tomorrow, she received an e-mail today advising her that due to the "back log" of Clients cheques and money owed to them coming in today, the pay will now be held until Monday 1st December.

Clients settlement money has been held since August, the whole staff have been treated horrendously in general and now this.

Say for example the money isn't paid in on Monday, what would be your best advice? The whole situation is extremely distressing for her and it's been on going since September!.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Redundancy & final payment from employer

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Could you name the firm please as there may be more to it than 1st appears, if you would rather do this confidentially then PM me
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
      Hi and welcome to the forum.

Could you name the firm please as there may be more to it than 1st appears, if you would rather do this confidentially then PM me
      Hi Tools,

Thanks for the reply. I will PM you directly now with more detail if that's ok.

Many thanks

Comment

Yes of course
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Ok just to summarise for everyone

The Law Firm who employs Greyfox's daughter relies almost entirely on cases provided by an external company.

The company and Law Firm had a fallout and for whatever reason (technical or other) access to their servers and in turn work provided was withdrawn.

Due to no work coming into the firm from the external company, they have decided to close.

The OP's issue here is his daughters wages and if/when she will receive them.

Her payday is tomorrow, she received an e-mail today advising her that due to the "back log" of Clients cheques and money owed to them coming in today, the pay will now be held until Monday 1st December.
          I think at present she should wait and see what the 1st December brings, has the firm given a closure date and has your daughter managed to get another job.

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
            Ok just to summarise for everyone

The Law Firm who employs Greyfox's daughter relies almost entirely on cases provided by an external company.

The company and Law Firm had a fallout and for whatever reason (technical or other) access to their servers and in turn work provided was withdrawn.

Due to no work coming into the firm from the external company, they have decided to close.

The OP's issue here is his daughters wages and if/when she will receive them.

I think at present she should wait and see what the 1st December brings, has the firm given a closure date and has your daughter managed to get another job.

Thanks again for summary & response.

We will hold out until the 1st and hope all goes as planned if not we will let you know!

At present firm is looking to stay open until mid December as other employees are on various notice periods, although this is a presumption as people fear it could all just collapse at any given moment.
            My daughter has interviews arranged so hopefully something in the pipe line so she can draw a line and move on.
            Thanks for the advice it is appreciated.

Comment

sorted the formatting for you in last post - Tools

Comment

It may well be that they are stalling for genuine reasons (waiting for funds to come in) or that as you say may just shut up shop, only time will tell. It may also be that many clients will lose out on their settlements, again lets wait and see.

Either way come back and let us know. I wish your daughter the best of luck in her search for work.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                X