• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Camden PCN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camden PCN

Originally posted by des8 View Post
    Just looked at the link posted by Michael and it seems the Gov website doesn't know what the regulations are;
    The wording above "ZONE" is either:controlled/meter/disc/ticket/disc & ticket/ticket & meter/pay & display
    I cannot find in the regulations referred to by council muppet the sign either on the Gov website or shown in Google..
    It might be worth asking the council in which schedule of the regulations their sign appears!

The sign at entrance to zone appears not to comply with regulations, therefore not enforceable.
    The Traffic Signs (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations and General Directions 2011 prescribes a new sign for Restricted Zones: Figure 663.2 here:
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2.../schedule/made

So, on the face of it, the entry sign in Dyott St doesn't comply.

However, the Traffic Advisory Leaflet 01/12 advises that:
    Those signs previously authorised and displaying the legend “Restricted Zone” may remain in placed until life-expired or replaced - at which point the prescribed signs should be used.

Comment

thanks Michael
      Out of interest are Traffic Advisory Leaflets law or are they purely advisory like guidance

Comment

Thanks Michael, you found the amendments I couldn't!

Advisory means that it is an interpretation of the regulations, it is meant for guidance and is not even legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
          Thanks Michael, you found the amendments I couldn't!

Advisory means that it is an interpretation of the regulations, it is meant for guidance and is not even legal advice.
          An adjudicator is likely to side with the council if it is following guidance, especially if the existing sign does not mislead.

Comment

If courier was in Bucknell St and turned left into Dyott St I think its arguable that the sign wasnt visible until he turned into Dyott St.

http://goo.gl/maps/bOiAK
            What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by CYNthesys View Post
              If courier was in Bucknell St and turned left into Dyott St I think its arguable that the sign wasnt visible until he turned into Dyott St.

http://goo.gl/maps/bOiAK
              What do you think?
              Not exactly the most convincing argument, most signs in a street aren't visible until you turn into it. On GSV the entry sign looks slightly angled but not invisible. Personally I think he's stuffed and would pay if the discount is still available. If not, then he has nothing to lose by going to adjudication

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X