• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marstons misled us about payment arrangements.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marstons misled us about payment arrangements.

In October, an agent came to our home about 3 outstanding fines, 2 of mine and 1 of my husbands. I was expecting them, so it wasn't a shock.

She said when she came, that if we paid the fine of the lowest amount off, then the other 2 would be sent back to the court and we would be able to pay them off at £5 per week each. We agreed to this and got the money together, as you do.

Anyway, today i received a text message from Marstons for me to contact them. So i rang them up and the woman on the phone tells me that my debt (only mine, not my husbands) is still with them and i need to pay £25 per week! I asked about my husbands debt, to which i was informed that he's isn't on their system and therefore has been sent back to the court and that he needs to contact them to arrange a payment arrangement.

So my question is, can they do that? tell me i'll be paying 1 amount when they visit, but end up making me pay 5x more?

And also, why did my husbands get sent back to the court, but mine has stayed with Marstons? I did ask her why, but she was very vague and said she didn't know.
    Tags: None

Re: Marstons misled us about payment arrangements.

Anyone?

Comment

Re: Marstons misled us about payment arrangements.

I would contact the Court Manager at the court which imposed the fines and I would strongly recommend you do likewise. You need to find out exactly what is going on. Unfortunately, some EAs employed by Marstons tend to be rather economical with the actualities. Get the information you need from the organ grinder - the Court Manager - not their monkey.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X