• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pharmacy error

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pharmacy error

Hello.

Yesterday, my sister went into her local pharmacy to collect a prescription of 2 inhalers for her asthma. They did not have both in stock so gave her one and a slip to collect the second the following day. She has had the same prescription for 10+ years so is extremely familiar with it. She paid for her prescription that day.

The following day, she went in to collect the second inhaler. The pharmacist had her prescription ready but it was wrong. My sister told her this to which the pharmacist greatly reputed. My sister said she had the other in the car so the pharmacist requested to see it and went with her to car and the following then happened by the car, on the street.

My sister showed her the inhaler as requested and she took the inhaler from my sister. My sister could see she was clearly withholding it and taking the inhaler and not just observing so asked for it back. The pharmacist said she needed to take it and check with the GP. She refused to return it to my sister.

They therefore got into an argument as my sister had to return to work and had no way to return to the pharmacy that day (she MUST take her inhaler at night and in the morning). The pharmacist said she legally had to take the medication as it was incorrect, even though my sister knew it was correct and had paid for it the previous day. The pharmacist walked off and my sister reluctantly agreed, not knowing what else to do and needing to return to work.

My sister then had to leave to return to work. The pharmacist came back out from the pharmacy and waved down the car. She gave my sister back her medication and said she had read the prescription wrong and it was the correct medication.

My sister is looking to complain about this as it clearly made her extremely stressed and would leave her in a very vulnerable position without her inhaler for her asthma. Could anyone please advise if the pharmacist was legal with her actions? Both taking the medication and trying to provide incorrect medication?

Thanks.

Re: Pharmacy error

Hello itskimmytime
    Do you know if the pharmacy was part of a chain or just an independent set up?

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Re: Pharmacy error

Oh I forgot to mention, do not give the name of the pharmacy! If you want to private message me the name I can find out where you can complain to

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
      ~ Anonymous

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X