• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Panorama - Did the Bank wreck my business TONIGHT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panorama - Did the Bank wreck my business TONIGHT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04t6jy1

BBC1 8pm and other times
    Panorama

Did the Bank Wreck My Business?

Panorama

The banks we bailed out are supposed to be supporting British business, but RBS and Lloyds have been accused of wrecking good companies. Reporter Andrew Verity meets the entrepreneurs who say their businesses have been unfairly shut down. He also hears new revelations from a former Government insider on the power and influence of Britain's biggest banks.
    Tags: None

Re: Panorama - Did the Bank wreck my business TONIGHT

Good.

About time the ground floor British stopped bailing out everyone-else-in-the-world when they cock up and funding the lavish lifestyles of complete drones.

Comment

It should be a good show.

I read the other day that UK banks have been fined a total of £300billion since 2009. I wonder how that figure compares to everyday fines issued to individuals by the criminal justice system?

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
        It should be a good show.

I read the other day that UK banks have been fined a total of £300billion since 2009. I wonder how that figure compares to everyday fines issued to individuals by the criminal justice system?
        Bit of a joke though, EXC, as who ultimately pays the fines and where do they go?

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30146247

Comment

Stephen Pegge, from Lloyds, said: "We check to make sure that these organisations are doing the job that they're asked to do and that they do behave in a responsible way."

Comment

It said: "In view of your longstanding dissatisfaction with the bank, we have concluded that the required trust between you and the bank has irretrievably broken down.
              Does anyone actually trust any bank?
              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

I used to, but that was a long time ago now.

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                  Does anyone actually trust any bank?
                  I trust one plank less than I do others...................& those who look after the consumer should be poked with a stick until they do their jobs properly.

Comment

Comment

I think the fact that the person was criticising another part of the RBS Business and suggesting that there are things that they are doing wrong lead directly to them saying to the person to leave.

The problem is that banks can just tell customers to leave and give them notice unilaterally. They are more business(so they have to sell to you) than customer service
                      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

After being turned down for help by my business bank after the snow in 2009/10 and ending up bankrupt I can understand how some of these people feel. The problem is the banks are doing it across the board not just in business. The mortgage market will be next, especially when people try to re-mortgage when their mis-sold endowment doesn't cover the mortgage. They all seem to feel the best course is to pull the plug and let people they have helped get into this position fall on their swords. With them being able to sell on their commitments to private equity and walk away with something why would they need to try hard and has it has been said any punishment only gets added to future costs so we end up paying the fines anyway.

Comment

Am at a loss for words on what this industry is capable of & how much power it can yield even in its own potential demise.

They literally are the "untouchables" did nothing wrong & I don't suppose they ever will if self preservation at all costs is acceptable.

Comment

Well me thinks they should have got a pair of more convincing liars to try and defend their actions.

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
                              After being turned down for help by my business bank after the snow in 2009/10 and ending up bankrupt I can understand how some of these people feel. The problem is the banks are doing it across the board not just in business. The mortgage market will be next, especially when people try to re-mortgage when their mis-sold endowment doesn't cover the mortgage. They all seem to feel the best course is to pull the plug and let people they have helped get into this position fall on their swords. With them being able to sell on their commitments to private equity and walk away with something why would they need to try hard and has it has been said any punishment only gets added to future costs so we end up paying the fines anyway.
                              Long past time that some of the senior staff ended up personally liable . After all the owners of small businesses usually end up putting everything on the line .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X