• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enforcement and Termination Notice under section 76 (1) and section 98(1) of CCA 1974

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforcement and Termination Notice under section 76 (1) and section 98(1) of CCA 1974

Good evening all, hope someone out there can respond with a crumb of hope!!
    I went bankrupt in August of this year. Once I saw the Receiver I was told that I had enough income to offer an Income Payments Agreement and my case was passed to KMPG to administer. I was informed by them that they had no interest in taking the car as an asset as it was subject to a hire purchase agreement with a balloon purchase at the end so I continued to make my payments as usual.
    Yesterday I received the Notice of Termination and in the accompanying letter the suggestion that if I wished to discuss the matter further then I should contact RCI Financial Solution Department.
    Tags: None

Re: Enforcement and Termination Notice under section 76 (1) and section 98(1) of CCA

You will probably find that your HP agreement has a clause which says that in the event of bankruptcy the creditor can terminate the agreement.

I would have a word with the finance company, if you have no arrears they may consent to someone guarantoring the payments and let you keep the car . That is if there are no arrears currently.

Comment

Re: Enforcement and Termination Notice under section 76 (1) and section 98(1) of CCA

Thanks very much for that, I shall ring them tomorrow and let you know the result.

Comment

Just phoned RCI . They won't negotiate payment through a third party and will collect the car on the 8th December. The car will then be auctioned and the remainder of the monies owed will be put in the bankruptcy.

Comment

Originally posted by losing marbles View Post
          Just phoned RCI . They won't negotiate payment through a third party and will collect the car on the 8th December. The car will then be auctioned and the remainder of the monies owed will be put in the bankruptcy.

That is helpful of them. How much have you paid off the agreement ?

Comment

Originally posted by andy58 View Post
            That is helpful of them. How much have you paid off the agreement ?
            I have paid twelve months of a 3 year contact

Comment

I have paid off 12 months of a three year contract

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X