• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Can the court find me if ex has filed a custody order?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the court find me if ex has filed a custody order?

Hello
    Basically I have a very newborn premature baby who is currently still in hospital. My ex boyfriend (who we were barely together more than a month) decided to say he wanted no contact (initially) He was extremely abusive towards me when we spoke up both verbally and psychically. He threatened to have people "kick the baby out of me" and even tried to punch me in the stomach. At the end of the pregnancy he suddenly asks about the baby (calls me up randomly) starts asking about him then says he wants involvement and to see the child. I told him I was not happy with that at all due to what he said to me and having genuine concerns over the safety of the child.

He then CONTINUED to be verbally aggressive and threatening towards me. The thing is I didn't save any of his messages but I retaliated to these messages quite badly and perhaps in the wrong way. I was quite nasty back and told him that he would have nothing to do with his child and that the child needed saving from him not giving to him. he claims he has screenshot all of this and denies that he ever said anything horrible to me nor was he verbally and psychically aggressive and stupidly I have know evidence.

He doesn't even know the baby has been born but I guess he must have guessed or found out from somewhere. He asked to see the baby and I said no. Please do not judge me, he was so horrible to me and I do have genuine concerns, this is not out of spite at all. I fear that because he never wanted this baby and threatened me throughout the pregnancy that he will do something to hurt the baby. I have offered him visitation in a contact center at a later date and he says no because he shouldn't have to.

He has said this to me.
    "he has filed a court application and already paid and sent it off" he also said "He should hear from them in 2 weeks"
    I asked how he was going to trace me as he does not know my address and much about me and he said "he gave them every detail that was on my scan photo including my name and date of birth and NHS number"- Can the courts trace me just from this? Does the NHS have authority to give private information?

Does this sound like it could be genuine or like he is trying to make me worried? I am a bit concerned, I know that if I want to keep him away then at some point I will have to go to court but I am a nervous wreck right now with a very poorly baby.
    Tags: None

Re: Can the court find me if ex has filed a custody order?

Does he have parental authority? Is his name on the birth certificate?

If you genuinely want nothing to do with him then change your phone number, get rid of facebook or tighten up your settings and get rid of mutual friends and NEVER contact him. If you need to go to court you will qualify for legal aid. Did you ever report any of his actions to the police?

You need to keep a log of any contact with him from now onwards because from what you have written above, then he might have a very strong case for contact with the child. It does not have to be with you and can be at a neutral location.

The NHS can only give out the information with a court order. If his name is not on the birth certificate then he will have to apply through the courts for a parental consent order in the first instance and then for a contact order.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X