• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help needed grandmother kidnapped children

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed grandmother kidnapped children

I'am father and my children have been taken from mother by grandmother. We have been to court and grandmother told loads of lies about mother and the judge wont listen to us.Social sevises wont help allthou they say there is no reason why children sould not be with mother.
    We need help please ?
    Tags: None

Re: Help needed grandmother kidnaped children

OK, I know this sounds pathetic but try and take a deep breath. Someone with the legal smarts will be along soon to give you sound advice. It may be little consolation but at least you know they are safe but naturally you want them back with you and their mother.
    I can only give you a big hug until the right person comes along to help but it is a big hug!:_tighthug__by_darkm

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Do you and the mother of the children live together ?

Has the Grandmother explained why she has taken the children ?

Have CAFCASS been involved at all ?

What did you go to court for ? HOw did that come about and what was the judges order ? Is their a child arrangement order in place ?

Just flagging for [MENTION=8640]leclerc[/MENTION]
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for the hug and here goes.
        I am a single farther living with my 17 year old daughter (by the way we have had lots of problems ourselves ), But this is the most distressing thing i have ever had happen in my life.
        Mother lived as a single parent with our 2 children aged 2 and 5. grandmother is her mother.
        4 months ago grand mother took the children from a friend of mothers garden after mother and friend had been to the park with their children. whilst mother was at the shop.
        Here's what grandmother said in her position statement to the court.
        she has grave concerns for the children and there has been ongoing involvement from social services ( grandmother has refereed mother on 7 occasions to them )
        she said she was concerned about mother drug and alcohol abuse, and mother was taking children to known drug dealers homes.
        mother had been taking the children to friends houses and leaving them their saying it would be for an hour and not returning for days.
        she told the court she had a restraining order on me because of my behaviour to her.
        she said that the children had suffered withdrawals because mother breast feed whilst on drugs.
        she said mother refuses drug and alcohol testing.
        she said she had no choice but to take the children.
        she apologiese's to the court for not attending as the children needed her care.

none of the above is true.
        we applied for an order to have the children returned to mother as the police refused to help.
        after the judge read what grandmother had said he told us he dint have time for this and made an order for the children to stay with grandmother and for cafcass to make a report. the judge adjourned the case for 6 weeks. cafcass said they never got the papers and the judge adjourned the case for a further 6 weeks.
        cafcass found no safe guarding children concerns in regards to mother and said s/s should make a section 37a report. the case has been adjourned once again.

grandmother told cafcass she her self had been using cannabis and surfers from mental health issues witch she has never had any treatment for she also has health issues witch she has been in hospital for whilst the children have been in her care leaving the children with an other family member for 4 days.

the social worker on the case has resined from social work and we now have a new social worker involved.

mother has voluntary had drug and alcohol testing and has negative results.
        the new social worker told mother it maybe some months for the children to be returned. al-thou we have a hearing in 3 weeks

what can we do ? i'am extremely concerned for the children and now for the well-being of mother as she is not taking this very well.
        Last edited by mychildrenneedhelp; 22nd November 2014, 20:03:PM.

Comment

Sounds like you are doing all you can do and the courts and social services are sorting out what is in the best interests of the children, as they are most important in this.

Have ss been in touch about the s37 report as yet?

Do you have access to the children at the grandmothers (ie can you visit them there) ?

Do you have any concerns over the mother's ability to care for your children ?

Are you in a position to care for the children yourself fulltime ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

ss said last week it will take at lest 3 months for the 37a report
            mother has had 4 contacts at contact center for 1 hour each over 4 months all-thou judge ordered contact at least once weekly. myself i have had no contact
            i have never had concerns with mother
            i'am not in a position to have the children myself

Comment

I'am in a state of dissper feeling helpless to help the people i love in my life. i have 2 other children who are also suffering from this. i have spent time in hospital with nerve problems brought on by this and lost my business. i just hope i can find the strength to get thou this

Comment

I Just don't understand how someone can take somebody's children say what they like about them and the courts do nothing and side with them.
                This women should be in prison for this should she not.
                Their must be something we can do
                Do we really have to wait another 3month's or more to have the children returned home.
                Can anyone please help us ?

Comment

I'm so sorry for your situation and wish I could help.

Maybe these people can?

http://www.frg.org.uk/need-help-or-advice

Comment

Originally posted by mychildrenneedhelp View Post
                    I'am father and my children have been taken from mother by grandmother. We have been to court and grandmother told loads of lies about mother and the judge wont listen to us.Social sevises wont help allthou they say there is no reason why children sould not be with mother.
                    We need help please ?
                    Need more information. How did the grandmother gain custody? Did she apply for an order from the court to do this?

Are we talking UK legal system?(need to be certain what we are talking about)
                    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by mychildrenneedhelp View Post
                      Thanks for the hug and here goes.
                      I am a single farther living with my 17 year old daughter (by the way we have had lots of problems ourselves ), But this is the most distressing thing i have ever had happen in my life.
                      Mother lived as a single parent with our 2 children aged 2 and 5. grandmother is her mother.
                      4 months ago grand mother took the children from a friend of mothers garden after mother and friend had been to the park with their children. whilst mother was at the shop.
                      Here's what grandmother said in her position statement to the court.
                      she has grave concerns for the children and there has been ongoing involvement from social services ( grandmother has refereed mother on 7 occasions to them )
                      she said she was concerned about mother drug and alcohol abuse, and mother was taking children to known drug dealers homes.
                      mother had been taking the children to friends houses and leaving them their saying it would be for an hour and not returning for days.
                      she told the court she had a restraining order on me because of my behaviour to her.
                      she said that the children had suffered withdrawals because mother breast feed whilst on drugs.
                      she said mother refuses drug and alcohol testing.
                      she said she had no choice but to take the children.
                      she apologiese's to the court for not attending as the children needed her care.

none of the above is true.
                      we applied for an order to have the children returned to mother as the police refused to help.
                      after the judge read what grandmother had said he told us he dint have time for this and made an order for the children to stay with grandmother and for cafcass to make a report. the judge adjourned the case for 6 weeks. cafcass said they never got the papers and the judge adjourned the case for a further 6 weeks.
                      cafcass found no safe guarding children concerns in regards to mother and said s/s should make a section 37a report. the case has been adjourned once again.

grandmother told cafcass she her self had been using cannabis and surfers from mental health issues witch she has never had any treatment for she also has health issues witch she has been in hospital for whilst the children have been in her care leaving the children with an other family member for 4 days.

the social worker on the case has resined from social work and we now have a new social worker involved.

mother has voluntary had drug and alcohol testing and has negative results.
                      the new social worker told mother it maybe some months for the children to be returned. al-thou we have a hearing in 3 weeks

what can we do ? i'am extremely concerned for the children and now for the well-being of mother as she is not taking this very well.

ooops! It pays to read past post one :o

OK, here is the basics that seem positive for you. Mother has tested negative for drugs and alcohol and Grandmother appears to be neglectful of her own health.
                      The key to the Children's Act 1989 is about what is in the best interests of the child.
                      What orders currently are in place at the moment?(there has to be for the grandmother to be caring for the young children)

Have you considered applying to the court to be party to the proceedings and possibly taking the kids yourself?(I do notice that the mother has an order against you which is problematic)....

Comment

Originally posted by MissFM View Post
                        I'm so sorry for your situation and wish I could help.

Maybe these people can?

http://www.frg.org.uk/need-help-or-advice
                        MissFM, I think he is looking for help for the mother rather than himself albeit he shares concerns about the children being with the GM.

Comment

Legal system is England uk.
                          grandmother took children from a friend of mothers garden (friend felt thretand by grandmothers son) whilst playing she never had an order.
                          mother and i applied for an out of hours order to have children returned to her care

Comment

[MENTION=8640]leclerc[/MENTION]

i have spent time in hospital with nerve problems brought on by this and lost my business.
                            i'am not in a position to have the children myself
                            Thanks Nattie xxxxx
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

@leclerc Mother has no order against me grandmother said in her position statment that she has a restaining order against me which is untrue.
                              i asked the judge to make me a party to proceedings which he did he also gave me perental responability as i am not on the beath certificates.
                              he made an order for children to live with grandmother and to have contact with mother but no contact for myself

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X