• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

EBAY - GUMTREE alice@shglobal.co.uk fraud

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBAY - GUMTREE alice@shglobal.co.uk fraud

Hi, im new to this site and only found it due to searching "alice@shglobal.co.uk" in Google.... I have bought a sprinter van of gumtree at a cost of £4000 I was sent a PAYPAL invoice that we paid on Thursday 20th November.... from "Alice" all email communication was great until Thursday afternoon she said she will contact me in the morning (friday) to arrange delivery as she was in Scotland due to work commitments... as we got the invoice through and it was with pay pal we thought that we was OK and everything was above board .... we have had no communication since then .... her phone is now switched off and she isnt replying to emails... were do we stand on getting our money back ?

please help

thanks

Re: EBAY - GUMTREE alice@shglobal.co.uk fraud

Hi, First thing please could you post up the full bank details of the account you paid the money in to.

Get in touch with the bank you made the transfer to, and your own bank, and action fraud to report the scam.

I'll ask Tools to look in asap, but getting the bank account details is the main thing. Sadly it is likely they withdrew the money within a couple hours of the transfer.

I'm really sorry to hear these bastards caught you out xxx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Will her details be on the paypal invoice ?

Im at work ... I have the wife on the phone to the police at the moment at home and she has all the details

Comment

Her details are as follows .... Bank Nationwide - sort code 07-02-46 - acc no - 31610039 - her name anca popescu

Comment

YEs they should be. OR can you ask your wife to forward a copy of the paypal invoice to us please. admin@legalbeagles.info
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by tyasstark View Post
            Her details are as follows .... Bank Nationwide - sort code 07-02-46 - acc no - 31610039 - her name anca popescu
            Thanks, will make sure its reported. Nationwide is unusual for the scammers.
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

ok will do that now

Comment

she is just sending you it now

Comment

Bank account details sent to Nationwide fraud dept by email, although they may not get them until Monday morning.
                  Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

All received, and replied.

Just for google

PayPal < pp.service@post.com > is a scam email address - DO NOT SEND MONEY OFF AN INVOICE FROM THIS ADDRESS - pp.service@post.com

also look out for secure.livechatinc.com/licence/5269401/open_chat.cgi
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

thanks ....

Comment

Again for search results -

THIS INVOICE IS NOT GENUINE AND NOT FROM PAYPAL

Complete the transaction in 5 easy, secure and safe steps!
                        1. eBay accepts the transaction and offers purchase protection to the buyer (if the transaction is declined, no further action is required from either the buyer or the seller);
                        2. All information received will be processed by PayPal under the direct review of eBay Inc.
                        3. The Buyer follows instructions and sends the payment to the assigned PayPal representative bank account.
                        After the payment is cleared and verified by PayPal under the review of eBay Inc, it will be secured into a non-interest bearing trust account. Payment being secured, the Seller is notified by PayPal to deliver the vehicle to the Buyer. The Seller has 5 (five) business days to start the deliver procedure. The seller must deliver the vehicle for inspection along with the certificate of title, signed Bill of sale in the Buyer's name, all keys and all ownership documents. The vehicle must be delivered along with all documentation requested by the Buyer in order to allow him to change the registration in his name as soon as he will decide to accept it after the inspection period will be over.
                        If no delivery procedure is started, a full refund is immediately sent to the Buyer.
                        As soon as the delivery procedure will start, the Buyer should wait for the vehicle and documentation to be delivered.

4. After the inspection period is over, the Buyer must contact PayPal with the result of the inspection of the vehicle.
                        The Buyer receives the vehicle and has 5-7 (five-seven) business days to inspect it. The inspection period will not begin until PayPal has confirmed delivery of the vehicle by either Buyer’s or shipper’s notification.

5. If he refuses it a full refund is immediately sent to the Buyer if the reason that determined the Buyer not to keep the vehicle is strictly related to the vehicle's condition i.e (different from what the seller has advertised, described and agreed to sell to you).
                        The Seller will have the obligation to make all necessary arrangements in order to take the vehicle from Buyer’s possession in maximum 3 (three) business days.
                        If the vehicle and documentation are as advertised, described and agreed, the Buyer should accept it. If the Buyer accepts the vehicle, the payment will be sent to the Seller within 3 (three) business days.
                        How to proceed from this moment?
                        The conventional method of transferring funds to a PayPal member cannot be used due to the large amount that must be paid.
                        Payment must be submitted via bank transfer to the PayPal representative bank account assigned for this transaction. PayPal will secure the payment until the Buyer receives, inspects and accepts the vehicle. Or, if it is the case, PayPal will refund the payment to the Buyer.
                        Protecting the security of your payment is our primary concern.
                        PayPal representative Bank account* : Payment details:
                        Bank Name: Nationwide
                        Account number: 31610039
                        Sort code: 07-02-46
                        Beneficiary Name: Anca Popescu

*Bacs, CHAPS and Faster Payments are accepted.

Invoice#: 95725193
                        Subtotal: £4,000.00
                        Shipping(Free): £0.00

Deposit: £0.00

Total: £4,000.00
                        Consult your bank or financial institution for more information on how to complete a bank transfer. Please note that it is extremely important to use the exact details of the account. The beneficiary name must be as written above. Include "95725193" on the "reference" field of the bank transfer instructions. Failure to use the exact information as stated above will result in your bank transfer being returned to you at your own expense.
                        We recommend the online transfer system, because it saves a considerable amount of time.Online Banking saves you the trouble of going to a bank and wasting your valuable time (payments can also be made on the weekends). If this is your first time making an online transfer, please go to your bank’s website in order to read about the procedure.
                        The electronic transfer from bank to bank is considered to be the safest international payment method. The transfer data are transmitted through an encrypted communication channel.

CONFIDENTIALITY AND NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT

* Do not disclose any information related to your PayPal purchase agreement to any third parties (i.e 1. your seller, 2. your bank)
                        1. Of to where your funds are being sent.

2. The actual reason the bank transfer is to be sent to your assigned representative.
                        Questions?
                        Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, click here to enter PayPal Live Support
                        PayPal protects your bank account number the same way we protect your credit card number – it's not exposed to merchants when you pay.
                        Once you transfer the payment to your assigned PayPal representative bank account as per the instructions and non-disclosure agreement above all your money will be fully guaranteed and fully protected.

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message.

Sincerely,
                        PayPal
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

what else can i do ?

Comment

Presumably you have already reported to gumtree/ebay and paypal ?

Police / Action Fraud / both banks / us (to report account)

Otherwise just get sharing off things like www.scamaccounts.co.uk to help get the message out to try and prevent other people being caught out. Share on facebook, twitter, round your friends and family.

Sadly you'll just get some platitudes and generic advice from the police.

And worse it is extremely unlikely you will get your money back as the scammer's tend to remove the funds paid in within a couple hours of you making the payment. Very occassionally you get lucky and someone else reports the same account earlier and catches it before everything's taken out but that is only possibly 1% of cases as far too many victims don't report it.

I'm so sorry xxx
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ok thanks for your help guys nationwide said that as we haven't got an account with them they cannon tell us if the money has been removed from the account... they have to wait until our bank contacts them ! the fraud people say that it can take upto 5 weeks to hear back from them .... I feel like an idiot ..... i will spread the word and hopefully stop others from getting stung

again thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X