• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Collectica Notice of Enforcement (NoE)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Collectica Notice of Enforcement (NoE)

As well as more "gumph" than the BMW R80, the Norton Interceptor was quieter and, as you found, handled better. The Triumph Tiger, however, was a nightmare for riders, a dream for the workshops. It was a heavy bike and one of the motorcyclists on my section pulled up outside the nick on Early Turn, only for the bike to topple over, trapping him underneath. After nearly wetting ourselves laughing, it took three of us to lift the bike off him. I think it was him saying, "It's not f*****g funny! Get this bike off me, you b*****ds!" that made us lift the bike up.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Collectica letter shows 'offence date 01Oct14'
      Lavender Hill Magistrates court says 'offence date 29Apr14'
      We moved 'Sep13' and had our post redirected for 3 months. We have changed our addresses with all our suppliers and vehicle registration when we moved. From time to time we still check with the new tentants if any post was received for us and pick it up too.
      If my husband or I was guilty of speeding, it's one thing and we will accept, but if the collectica letter is the first we heard of it then why should we have to pay £820.00 is what I'm saying - hence needing to make the statutory declaration process.

Comment

Thanks, but if they failed to correspond with us in the first place* (our car registration address was updated before the offcence) then we would not be down the ruite of 'notice of enforcement' letters and courts. No one can tell us what the actual offence was which is rather frustrating.
        * If we received a fine then we would have paid it.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo View Post
          In answer to your above three questions...yes, you need to file a Statutory Declaration and you will need to contact your LOCAL magistrates court and they will make an appointment for you.

No....you do not need to have a copy of the warrant. This is not a requirement at all.

On the third question, you seem to already have sufficient information on the fine from speaking with Lavender Hil.l

Reading your post again, you say that DVLA already had your new address in 2013 from your driving licence. In fact, the address where notices would be sent would not originate from the driving licence at all......it would be from the V5c ar registration document !!!

This could explain the reason why you had not received any notices.

Before drafting the stat dec can you check whether you changed the address on the V5 and post back.
          Hi Milo,

Thanks for your reply - just dug the V5 car registration out. The new address is on there. Next to the document reference number it has 15 04 14. I recall now being in a panic because we changed our drivers licenses as soon as we moved, but forgot to do the V5 address change till beginning of April 2014. But, if the offence took place 01Oct14 (according to Collectica) / 29Apr14 (according to Lavender Hill Magistrates Court), then they would have had our new address from 15Apr14 V5 already.

Comment

From experience of helping people deal with Collectica, I would treat anything Collectica says with caution, as well as check and double-check anything they say with the Courts and Tribunals Service.

Comment

Originally posted by Collecticasux View Post
              Hi Milo,

Thanks for your reply - just dug the V5 car registration out. The new address is on there. Next to the document reference number it has 15 04 14. I recall now being in a panic because we changed our drivers licenses as soon as we moved, but forgot to do the V5 address change till beginning of April 2014. But, if the offence took place 01Oct14 (according to Collectica) / 29Apr14 (according to Lavender Hill Magistrates Court), then they would have had our new address from 15Apr14 V5 already.
              I dare say that the 01/10/2014 is the conviction date, 29/04/2014 is the date when DVLA woke up to the fact that they did not receive the V5 and communicated with Court.

Since this date is "only" 9 days after DVLA acknowledged the change of address, it is highly likely that when they communicated with the Court they gave it the wrong/old address.

Internal communications at DVLA are not abysmal, they are literally inexistent.
              The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

And I wouldn't mind betting a good majority of the convictions DVLA secure are as a result of their non-existent internal communications and propensity for losing and mislaying documents, Sir Vere.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X