• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global/Blake Lapthorn County Court claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arrow Global/Blake Lapthorn County Court claim

Sorry, that passage does sound confusing. When setting up the DMP in 2008 there was a claim from Egg which originally was accepted for the DMP but Brian Carter put in a court claim and before we new it a CCJ was set up. We felt we had replied in time so that is why my son wrote to the court. He was told that nothing could be done as the CCJ was in order and they could not answer for Bryan Carter, can't remember the actual words at the moment. We were a bit green really. It's dwindling slowly to the tune of £10 a month and will hang around for some time unfortunately, unless we win the lottery. We've helped a lot in the past but my husband and I are pensioners and we just can't keep doing this as much as we love him. The only way Brian Carter will get paid off any time soon is if the debt is halved. They did offer that he made a 40% payment in 2012 but we did not have the money at the time. Hopefully, my son's new job will pay a little better and he can clear the debt.

Comment

Originally posted by ikeymo View Post
      Sorry, that passage does sound confusing. When setting up the DMP in 2008 there was a claim from Egg which originally was accepted for the DMP but Brian Carter put in a court claim and before we new it a CCJ was set up. We felt we had replied in time so that is why my son wrote to the court. He was told that nothing could be done as the CCJ was in order and they could not answer for Bryan Carter, can't remember the actual words at the moment. We were a bit green really. It's dwindling slowly to the tune of £10 a month and will hang around for some time unfortunately, unless we win the lottery. We've helped a lot in the past but my husband and I are pensioners and we just can't keep doing this as much as we love him. The only way Brian Carter will get paid off any time soon is if the debt is halved. They did offer that he made a 40% payment in 2012 but we did not have the money at the time. Hopefully, my son's new job will pay a little better and he can clear the debt.
      Ah. so there is a CCJ for an Egg card and this is a totally different card that was also included in the old DMP. Thanks for the clarification. :yo:

Comment

My son received the letter attached on Saturday 22/11/2014. Not sure where I go from he, I have been delayed in dealing with it due to myself and my son being ill. What do I do with the postal order?
        I have added a reminder of claim details for convenience.

Original Agreement MBNA - Credit card (taken out as a Virgin credit card)
        Date of Original Agreement 01/07/2004
        Date of Transfer to Arrow Global 11/09/2007
        Amount Outstanding to Arrow Global £1724.32
        Solicitor Blake Lapthorn
        County Court Claim received. 11/11/2014
        Issued 07/11/2014
        Claim acknowledged online.
        CCA request sent by recorded post 19/11/2014
        CPR request sent by recorded post 19/11/2014
        I believe the debt is Statute Barred.

The debt was initially included on a DMP in October 2008 and initial £5 sent but no payments made through DMP as nobody seemed to be dealing with it.

001.jpg

Comment

My son received the letter attached on Saturday 22/11/2014. Not sure where I go from he, I have been delayed in dealing with it due to myself and my son being ill. What do I do with the postal order?
          That letter refers to he CCA request which went to the solicitors instead of the claimant, but they've said they will ask Arrow for the documents so there's no need to do anything. BL have said their client doesn't require the fee so no need to do anything.

There's no need to chase that CCA request but do keep an eye on the timescales and the CPR request. Once the 7 days are up BL should be contacted, asking them to agree to an extension of 28 days as you guys are waiting for info from them.

Do post up when you hear from BL, or not as the case may be. :ranger:

Comment

My son has received the following today, plus the usual agreement T&Cs and one monthly statement from August 2007 !.
            I find the details that they are confirming at a. b. and c. a bit confusing, it seems to say only £45 is owing and not £1724.32. Also there is an account number that looks like a credit card number but it does not belong to my son. Where do I go from here? Sorry to rely on you so much, I have read the pointers but still am finding it difficult and the time is bothering me. I don't know if what my son has is Norovirus but I'm not well myself. Couldn't have come at a worse time.
            002.jpg
            Thank you.

Comment

Sorry don't know what happened there. Here is the first letter.

001.jpg

Comment

Would the following be a suitable defence to enter online or should it be more detailed? :help:

I do not admit liability for this debt. The last payment to this
                debt was made over 6 years ago to include this in a DMP this was
                accepted but never acted on and since then I have not acknowledged
                this debt nor made any further payment to it. Therefore I believe
                this claim to be statute barred.

Comment

Or is this better for my defence online? :-

I do not admit liability for the debt on the claim form. The last
                  payment to this debt was made over 6 years ago to include it in a
                  DMP that was set up in October 2008. It was placed on the DMP but
                  never acted on and no monies were taken from the DMP. Since that
                  time I have not acknowledged this debt nor made any further
                  payment to it. As this claim was issued on 7th November 2014 I
                  believe this claim to be statute barred.
                  Worrying now.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Would the following be a suitable defence to enter online or should it be more detailed? :help:

I do not admit liability for this debt. The last payment to this
                      debt was made over 6 years ago to include this in a DMP this was
                      accepted but never acted on and since then I have not acknowledged
                      this debt nor made any further payment to it. Therefore I believe
                      this claim to be statute barred.
                      A statute barred defence will be as below:

The claim was issued on the [ENTER DATE ON CLAIM FORM].

The Defendant contends that this is a claim in contract and is statute barred pursuant to the provisions of Section 5 of the Limitation Act 1980 in that in excess of 6 years have elapsed since the date on which any cause of action accrued. No acknowledgement or payment on this debt has been made since [ENTER MONTH AND YEAR WHEN LAST PAYMENT WAS MADE].
                      There's no need to go into detail about the DMP, the onus is on the claimant to PROVE it's not SBd. :thumb:

Comment

Thank you so much FlamingParrot. Been watching a Christmas film, trying to leave it behind for 5 minutes. Sorry , tonked. No I'm not from Cornwall.

Comment

Thank you so much Flaming Parrot, thought I had replied to this but, had a few, watching Christmas film , trying to get away from stuff. Ready to fight in the morning. getting a bit old for this. I'm a bit tonked. It's Friday. :sleep:

Comment

First of all can I say Happy New Year to everyone and I hope you all had a good Christmas.
                            We received a letter from the court dated 5th December 2014 acknowledging the defence and stating a copy was being served on the claimant and that they must contact the court within 28 days after receiving the defence. Sadly on that same day my son's employers layed him off due to his lack of sales in November, a month when he was ill for two weeks with Norovirus and for which they actually told him to go home and go to bed. Neither Arrow Global nor their solicitor have yet been in touch with my son. I am not sure now with those 28 days being over Christmas and New Year when that period is up. could anyone advise? Meanwhile my son's confidence has taken a tumble, he has never been sacked before, and we are still paying his direct debits but within the next month we are really going to be in a mess.

Comment

Bump x

Comment

Hi ikeymo,

Well it probably is over the 28 days now so possibly give the court a call tomorrow and ask them, the claim will probably have been stayed and then you can decide whether to apply for a strike out or leave it in the sidelines and deal with it as and when the claimants try to pick it back up.

Sorry to hear about your sons employment He may need to consider speaking to National Debtline / Stepchange about the overall situation before things run away with you xx

Let us know what the court say

Sharon
                                xx
                                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X