• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Android tablet problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Android tablet problem

About a year ago I bought a tablet device but have had small problems from day one.
    It came with a year guarantee but the battery only had six months.
    Went back to the shop but one member of staff made me feel a bit stupid and dismissed this saying " what do you expect it was only cheap" ( dont call £130 cheap)
    As it was new technology I persisted and got more used to it.
    Fast forward to three weeks ago ( four on Monday) while checking out e mails the screen suddenly went blank, tried a reset but still no response.
    Took it back to the shop and this same assistsnt was dismissive at first and virtually accused me of dropping it.
    After a week later I collected it to be told they had replaced the mother board and I would have to reconfigure my account, also that it had been on charge overnight.
    When I got home I conected up to my hub and it allowed me to do that but almost right away said that I should charge the battery.
    After a overnight charge had only got to 78% and within five minutes of unplugging was saying the battery needed charging.
    Took it back again and again this same assisstsnt was dismissive and rude but when he tried it it had dropped to 6%.
    Had to leave it again and was told that they would now have to contact the maker.
    They then said that due to the fault they were willing to replace it but that I would have to return the accesories that came with it.
    Did this on Tuesday and replacement was already on the shelf but they wont release it to me until the faulty one has been checked out.
    Cannot undestand this at all but have found out the origanal distributer has ceased trading .
    When I bought it it was badged AppTab but replacement is badged "@ TAB" so that is also a worry as I am uncertain where this replacement is from.
    Do I have to accept this replacement, the other assistant was in today but he did not seem to know what was going on but thinks it may be now next week.
    Sorry for rambling has anyone any ideas?
    Last edited by Kati; 7th November 2014, 17:53:PM. Reason: unlinked @-TAB
    Never give up, Never surrender.
    Tags: None

Re: Android tablet problem

Thanks Kati, did not even realise it had posted as a link!

Comment

Bump. Do I wait to see what happens tomorrow?
      Last edited by dogtired; 8th November 2014, 17:51:PM.

Comment

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/how-long-s...#axzz3IUwgqIHS

A bit of info in above link..........the main being products should last a reasonable length of time.

There are not many reviews on the manufacturer you mention................but another option is for you to pursue how you paid for it. If it is through your card then there are options to get your cash back through dispute !

Comment

Thanks for the link Fred.
          I paid by Debit Card but would it apply as its now almost a year?
          A lot of sites, including Amozon has disclaimers in the small print about such things as softwear and computer goods.
          The small print on the device in question only gave the battery a six month one.
          Worth a try I expect !
          Will see what happens on Monday.
          Originally posted by Fred View Post
          http://whatconsumer.co.uk/how-long-s...#axzz3IUwgqIHS

A bit of info in above link..........the main being products should last a reasonable length of time.

There are not many reviews on the manufacturer you mention................but another option is for you to pursue how you paid for it. If it is through your card then there are options to get your cash back through dispute !

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
            Thanks for the link Fred.
            I paid by Debit Card but would it apply as its now almost a year?
            A lot of sites, including Amozon has disclaimers in the small print about such things as softwear and computer goods.
            The small print on the device in question only gave the battery a six month one.
            Worth a try I expect !
            Will see what happens on Monday.
            If you paid for instance by "Visa" then there are dispute conditions retailers must comply with. They are obliged to investigate your concerns & are consumer friendly..................its just not well publicised but believe me it does work...................companies dealing all the time using the payment system, if they find in your favour then they just take the refund out of the proceeds & you get your money back providing it falls within the rules................this varies so no definite yes or no from Fred.......

Comment

Is the shop you purchased from part of a big chain with a customer services department? As it is well worth contacting them if so as I know from my work if someone contacts customer services because they are not happy it gets sorted ASAP and it's not whether it's within twelve months it's a reasonable time which can be a few years.

Comment

No its a small local shop, several other people I know found the one member of staff mentioned difficult to deal with.

Originally posted by concernedperson View Post
                Is the shop you purchased from part of a big chain with a customer services department? As it is well worth contacting them if so as I know from my work if someone contacts customer services because they are not happy it gets sorted ASAP and it's not whether it's within twelve months it's a reasonable time which can be a few years.

Comment

Yes " Visa" debit card.
                  However just had a replacement from the one that was used to pay for this but it was from the same account.

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                  If you paid for instance by "Visa" then there are dispute conditions retailers must comply with. They are obliged to investigate your concerns & are consumer friendly..................its just not well publicised but believe me it does work...................companies dealing all the time using the payment system, if they find in your favour then they just take the refund out of the proceeds & you get your money back providing it falls within the rules................this varies so no definite yes or no from Fred.......

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                    No its a small local shop, several other people I know found the one member of staff mentioned difficult to deal with.

All the more..................Visa Or Mastercard dispute resolution............via your card provider see if the attitude changes !

Comment

Ok first thing Monday, bank then shop?

Comment

Duplicate post

Comment

Sale of Goods Act should chivvy them up a bit, mention that you will be speaking to your local Trading Standards if they refuse to give you an adequate repair, replacement or proportionate refund.

My kids both have @TAB's , have had since last xmas and so far (touch wood) no problems with them, I remember researching them before buying and they had nothing but good reviews
                          Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

The annoying thing is that the replacement is there, on the shelf!
                            Yes I did the research before buying it and it was then that there was a change of name to "Apptab"
                            When I got it back after they repaired it the first time it had changed to "@tab".
                            I think I would also have to establish what sort of guarantee comes with this replacement as according to the assisstant last week it is coming direct from the wholesale suppliers.

Originally posted by Tools View Post
                            Sale of Goods Act should chivvy them up a bit, mention that you will be speaking to your local Trading Standards if they refuse to give you an adequate repair, replacement or proportionate refund.

My kids both have @TAB's , have had since last xmas and so far (touch wood) no problems with them, I remember researching them before buying and they had nothing but good reviews

Comment

I have spoken with the bank help line they advise trading standards if still no joy the debit card cut off for faulty good is 120 days

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X