• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

BT billing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT billing

Due to people owing me at the moment I need to pay my BT bill, the joys of being self employed, but haven't got the funds. This is something I will deal with but I have received an e-mail telling me how they are going to cut me off, then use a debt collector and how it will affect my credit rating. All fairly standard stuff which I will deal with but it has got me thinking. I am not on direct debit and a large portion of the debt (probably 75%) is for the next three months line rental and package. So would I be right in thinking they are trying to intimidate me for a debt that I haven't incurred as yet, I haven't had the next three months line rental because it is for the next three months. If this debt was marked on my credit rating could it be classed as misleading info and hence detrimental to me as a debt that doesn't exist. Even though I have been with BT for many years I have never signed any contract or renewal. Just wondering about anybody's thoughts on this.
    Tags: None

Re: BT billing

Ive had similar arguments with BT in the past and have had them sorted by contacting Christine Day in CEOs office. Understand she is no longer in that dept and the person you would now need to contact would be Fergal Gorby
    I have sent you a PM with further info

Comment

I would say that their terms and conditions say that line rental is payable in advance and it is correct, therefore, to describe it as a debt.

Comment

I'm not sure what is right or wrong but I know I have no agreement. I cannot remember if its true but somewhere in the past I seem to recall that rolling contracts on wasn't allowed an that they had to be short term, 1 or 2years, and then renewed. Like I say though I was just wondering whether the consensus was that it could be a debt, if you cancelled and didn't have the three months what would happen and who would owe who?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X