• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Do I have a right to request transcript of telephone conversation??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do I have a right to request transcript of telephone conversation??

Last edited by Wombats; 14th November 2014, 01:51:AM.

Comment

Re: Do I have a right to request transcript of telephone conversation??

Please forgive my overlong post - its a long story that I am struggling to make any shorter, but the background to the debts at two addresses , both owned ( with mortgage ) by myself is as follows:

One of the addresses was my former family home of twenty years . This house has subsided twice ( I suspect the 1993 debt may relate to a period when I had to move out for several months during renovation). At the same time the area went into a spiral of serious decline being labelled by the Council as 'is this the worst street in ???? In a newspaper story about how they intended to regenerate the area. The regeneration never happened , the label stuck , the area continues to decline. In short this house is not only 'unsaleable' it is also 'unrentable'

Desperate to move on about 12 years back I started from scratch again with a mortgage on the home I now live in. During this period my former home was lived in by my brother for several years and more recently my Son and his partner - at peppercorn rents on the basis that they pay bills and maintain house.

My Son and his partner split , as she had a child from a previous relationship and nowhere to go my Son moved in with me and she stayed on for a few months. Within a few hours of her being handing me back the keys , i visited to find the property was completely flooded from above and below due to the central heating and all copper piping being ripped out , together with all kitchen units and several inbuilt appliances. The damage ran to more than several thousand - and was not covered by the terms of the insurance.

It has taken me two years and a massive amount of hardwork to fund and complete the repairs. The Council were completely aware of all the above ( it's happened to a few houses in the area) and initially I did get some CT reduction.

Over the last several months of repairs I was continually harassed by the Council to remove the wooden boards - an open invitation for it to happen all over again whilst empty, eventually being served a Section 215. My Son moved back into the house in September this year when it became almost habitable-and is living rent free , but paying CT and bills and completing repairs.

The above above event occurred just a few months after I was made redundant and and struggling to establish my own small business. I was constantly robbing Peter to pay Paul, whilst struggling to run a home, a new business and a major rennovation job. I failed to deal with my mounting expenditure and debts effectively and this failure has cost me dearly in additional fees. It really has been a living nightmare trying to cope with it all.

I will post again when I receive the info back from the council .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X