• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello All - Voluntary Termination where ex-partner has vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello All

Did you read post 10? my ex just ignores all calls etc & even went for mediation in which the ex failed to attend about 8 months back.Hence i had to get a court order to try to recover money.

Comment

sorry i meant post 12.

Comment

Best initial advice would be to speak with the HP providers and ask them how to proceed. Who was the HP agreement with?

Is the vehicle registered in your name or your ex-partners? Either way this will affect your credit file.

It may also be an idea to write to your ex and tell them that you intend to stop paying for the car and if they want to keep it they will have to either resume payments to you or pay the outstanding balance. I realise you may not get a response but this way you will have at least notified them which would be considered further down the line.

I'll move the thread into a different forum where it may get a few more answers and amended the thread title.
        Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Re: Hello All - Voluntary Termination where ex-partner has vehicle

The h.p is in my name& it is Peugeot but i have spoken to them&explained my situation etc but to no avail, they can get the car back but i can not guarantee the car being there at the time they suggest.

Comment

I agree with the above neither you nor your ex own the car the HP lender is the owner, which company is this?
            If the HP agreement is in your name only you are responsible for it.
            Who is the registered keeper ?

Comment

Then unless you can arrange something with your ex or immobilise the vehicle it is going to be difficult to think of another way.
              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

I do not think i can arrange anything with my x so it looks like getting a court order or immobilise the vehicle.

Comment

Have you supplied the HP Co. your ex's current address, if so ask them to write a notice to inform them the vehicle is to be collected.

Comment

No i have not informed the H.P company of my ex address but will phone the company.

Comment

It is essential that you cover yourself against possible legal action and or other costs, some HP agreements have " excess mileage " clauses which can rack up a serious debt if not complied with.
                      If all else fails you may have to consider reporting the car as stolen. HP companies are known to do this when payments cease.

Comment

I have phoned the company Today& advisor told me it was a civil matter so i told him could i speak to customer services manager so which i did.Going to send me a form out but i have to sign it about wear& tear etc then they will collect the vehicle from my ex as should not be driving it& will not have an option but to hand it back.I had to stick by my guns& speak to someone with more authority.

Comment

Well done, seems you are making progress at least

Comment

Originally posted by notanotherdonkey View Post
                            I have phoned the company Today& advisor told me it was a civil matter so i told him could i speak to customer services manager so which i did.Going to send me a form out but i have to sign it about wear& tear etc then they will collect the vehicle from my ex as should not be driving it& will not have an option but to hand it back.I had to stick by my guns& speak to someone with more authority.

May I make a suggestion please?

Write a Formal letter to your ex informing that the financé on the vehicle is cancelled and they must cease to use it immediately.
                            Tell them they a required to deliver up the All Keys and documents regarding the car to the HP companies representative on collection of the vehicle and they will be help responsible for wear and tear and any excess mileage charges claimed by the HP company.

Use signed for post if you think this will get signed for otherwise 1st class post and get proof of posting.
                            Last edited by nemesis45; 14th November 2014, 18:59:PM.

Comment

I have sent the formal letter of today& have kept a photocopy.

Comment

Originally posted by notanotherdonkey View Post
                                I have sent the formal letter of today& have kept a photocopy.
                                Good luck. please let us know the result.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X