• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello All - Voluntary Termination where ex-partner has vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello All - Voluntary Termination where ex-partner has vehicle

They can not do a vt inspection if they do not pick it up,so that is there fault& they where told where the vehicle would reside by a few telephone calls.

Comment

That is what i am trying to say

It is quite rare the finance company will pick up the vehicle that has been subject to a VT as it is an added cost

They get you to drive it to an auction house of their choice in your geographical area

I will be blunt sorry

You should have been phoning them up every other day demanding why they have not disposed of the vehicle to end your liability

Comment

i never had the vehicle & as i had a court order against this person for money owed peugeot where supposed to pick up the vehicle from her house after i phoned a few times to verbally agree this with the finance company.

Comment

Originally posted by judgemental24 View Post
          That is what i am trying to say

It is quite rare the finance company will pick up the vehicle that has been subject to a VT as it is an added cost

They get you to drive it to an auction house of their choice in your geographical area

I will be blunt sorry

You should have been phoning them up every other day demanding why they have not disposed of the vehicle to end your liability
          That is fine no problem but it has just come to light today or if i was told i would of phoned every day but did not know i had to end my liability.

Comment

That is what you fnd with car finance companies and doing a VT.

They are deliberately obstructive and drag their heels for obvious reasons

Comment

I am away to the police Today as my ex had no right to sell the vehicleas i was the registered keeper,must of forged the V5 document& the finance company should of contacted the police in first instance.

Comment

The police will do nothing except give you the unique reference number that you can pass onto the finance company

Comment

will have to if it is forgery

Comment

The police no longer investigate fraud such as this, they simply no longer have the resources

They will simply state leave it up to the finance companies own fraud department to investigate and how they wish to procede

Comment

The new owner of the vehicle will be quite pished if he's ever tracked down.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Not as pished as i am,probably should of done a history search on the vehicle.The finance company know who has it but would not tell me so there just as bad for not reporting a crime of a stolen vehicle.

Comment

I went to the Financial Ombudsman& told them if it had all been sorted when it should of been we would not be down this route now. The adjudicator did not agree & thought me only having to pay£4000 back was fair& told me the final adjudicator would agree with all his findings .I appealed & they have now, 1,Have written all the full outstanding balance off. 2 Amended my credit profile 3 Awarded me £500 for all the inconvenience caused. So just got the cheque today& it is legally binding. So it has been a good day all round. Thank you for all your help.

Comment

Thanks for one and all with your advice and a happy outcome .My ex has now been charged for selling a vehicle which did not belong to her and without my consent or the finance company as it was in my name but as it was still on payments so it was technically the finance company who helped.All good things comes to those who wait ....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X