• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

EbAY AND THEIR ARROGANCE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EbAY AND THEIR ARROGANCE

Hello to all
    I am considering setting up a group to work on getting ebay to change their draconian policies They ALWAYS find in favour of the Buyer NEVER THE SELLER!
    I have now been told by ebay that a seller can simply change their mind about an item and send it back as "not as described" and they will issue a full refund and take the mony without the sellers consent. I call that THEFT!

I now also discover that if a Buyer returns an item and it is damaged in transit by the Butyers Courier it is the Seller that is made to refund the Buyer IN ALL CASES as the Seller has their, (albeit damaged), good back! Again eBay force the Seller to refund the money.

Anyone have any views / experiences???

Andy B
    Tags: None

Re: EbAY AND THEIR ARROGANCE

Stop using Ebay its all for the buyers as they are the ones paying Ebay fees.
    Problem is not always Ebay but the buyers and sellers on there I only buy on there and collect and pay cash no comebacks then and no problems getting deliveries I no longer sell

Comment

It is the SELLER that pays eBay a fee! and the problem IS with eBay / Paypal!
      It is there policies that are wrong! For example....

1) A buyer can calim that anything is not as described for any reason and eBay will ALWAYS find on the side of the Buyer.

2) The buyer can organise the return of an item and if the BUYERS courier damages the item, It is eBay policy for the SELLER to be forced to refund the buyer even though the whole situation is out of the SELLERS control!

3) The Buyer could return a brick pack in a box and as long as it was delivered, eBay would issue them a refund!

4) Even after receiving a refund from the SELLER for goods damaged in transit back, the BUYER can still make a claim against the Courier they used for the damage. thus being paid twice!!

NO! IT IS EBAY THAT IS IN THE WRONG AND BUYERS WHO REALISE THIS CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF SELLERS IN ALL CASES AT ALL TIMES.

I realise this is a "David vs Goliath" scenario but I am taking eBay to the County Court.

Comment

On one occasion when I disputed a purchase ebay actually found in favour of the SELLER although the seller did eventually refund my money 'as a gesture of goodwill' :eyebrows:

Comment

This is becoming universal for all indirect sales as far as I can see. For CC payments, if disputed the money is deducted from us as a chargeback automatically and only refunded if we can prove the claim wrong. In a dispute over facts the seller always loses. For DD payments, as far as I can tell seller is liable in perpetuity! Our DD says that any claim whether proven or not triggers the DD guarantee and it is then up to the seller to prove their case. Morally there are some arguments in each direction but that discussion always ends up in favour of the buyer and if the seller loses out it is a "cost of doing business".
          Of course I can tell the same tales as everyone to demonstrate the contrary and will never again sign a CC continuous payment authority where it transpires the buyer cannot stop the payment without the sellers agreement. It took 11 years to stop thieving A*L from stealing my money and I still haven't seen a penny of it back!

Comment

Originally posted by avb53 View Post
            Hello to all
            I am considering setting up a group to work on getting ebay to change their draconian policies They ALWAYS find in favour of the Buyer NEVER THE SELLER!

Andy B
            good luck with that as it come under

Consumer Contracts Regulations

The regulations apply to items bought online, at a distance, or away from a trader's premises (for example, at home or at work).

Your right to cancel Your right to cancel an order for goods starts the moment you place your order and ends 14 days from the day you receive your goods.
            If your order consists of multiple goods, the 14 days runs from when you get the last of the batch.
            This 14 day period is the time you have to decide whether to cancel, you then have a further 14 days to actually send the goods back.
            Your right to a refund You should get a refund within 14 days of either the trader getting the goods back, or you providing evidence of having returned the goods (for example, a proof of postage receipt from the post office), whichever is the sooner.
            A deduction can be made if the value of the goods has been reduced as a result of you handling the goods more than was necessary.
            The extent to which a customer can handle the goods is the same as it would be if you were assessing them in a shop.
            Refunding the cost of delivery The trader has to refund the basic delivery cost of getting the goods to you in the first place, so if you opted for enhanced service eg guaranteed next day, it only has to refund the basic cost.
            Don't let them grind you down

Comment

BUT, in the case of public auction (which may be the manner of purchase on eBay) the right to cancel does not exist (although if goods are not as described they can be returned)
              The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges)Regulations 2013 Part 3 Limits of Cancellation: circumstances excluding cancellation:28(1)(g)

If the item is bought on a "buy now" offer distance regulations apply.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X