• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot Financial for Vanquis card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot Financial for Vanquis card

HI

I received a court claim for £523.57 for Vanquis card from Restons Solicitors acting on behalf of Cabot Financial.

I read the thread about how to deal with these claims and already acknowledged the service and prepared the CCA request to Cabot. Then I started preparing the CPR to the solicitors but the only information in the Particulars of Claim is Date (22/08/2014), ITEM (Default Balance), VALUE (523.57) and then in the next line Post Refri Cr (NIL). Nothing else. What shall I put in the CPR? Your advice will be highly appreciated. Many thanks.

wildhog

Re: Cabot Financial for Vanquis card

Can you type out the POC exactly as it appers

Comment

Thanks, kafka. Here it is:

The Claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from Defendants(s) under a contract between the Defendant(s) and Vanquis dated on or about 11/05/2009 and assigned to the Claimant on 23/02/2011 in teh sum of 523.57

PARTICULARS a/c no: - xxxxxxxxxxxx

DATE ITEM VALUE
      22/08/2014 Default Balance 523.57
      Post Refri Cr NIL

TOTAL: - 523.57

It seems that I missed the top part of it. So I guess I need to request the contract? Is that right?

regards, wildhog

Comment

I wouldn't worry about the CPR request as the claim value is low and they have only mentioned the Contract, and you have asked for that under the CCA anyway.

Cabot will tell you it will take 40 days to get the CCA so when you get that letter contact the solicitors and ask them to agree to an extension for filing your defence of a further 28 days - under CPR 15.5.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

ok, thanks a lot for the advice. I'll do as advised and will update on the forum.

Comment

Hi
            A couple of days ago I did get a package from Cabot. It contains the copy of the statement of the account (transactions), copy of the credit agreement (terms and conditions), copy of Digital Signature Applications details - copies of two screens from computer with my details (name, address etc), and a copy of the letter from Cabot confirming the amount owed. In the cover letter they also say that now they are likely to obtain the judgement but would still prefer to agree a repayment plan. Any advice on what shall I do now? The lawyers asked me in their letter to file my defence by today's date. Many thanks.

regards,
            wildhog

Comment

With the amount on the claim and that they have provided you with all the documentation, ( presumably you feel it all adds up and is enforceable ) then I would recommend getting in otuch directly with the claimant and try negotiating a settlement to avoid getting the CCJ.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
              X