• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No one will take my payments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No one will take my payments

Thank you for all your help and advice. I was just wondering if any of you would know why the rest of this year's council tax would have been sent to Rossendales without the council telling until I received the letter dated 23rd October when I hadn't missed a single payment as per our agreement for the remainder of the current council tax year? Rossendales have disputed that this is with them but council insists it is with them.
    Oh and when I pay my bills tomorrow, should I still pay the £5 as usual?

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
      can you make payments electronically?
      OP - this answer slightly off topic, it is for Seduraed's information. You can still make online payments, but recently there's been a few of these allocated to the wrong year which seems very hard to reverse once done. If it can be done another way, it tends to be better now. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

I was just wondering if any of you would know why the rest of this year's council tax would have been sent to Rossendales without the council telling until I received the letter dated 23rd October when I hadn't missed a single payment as per our agreement for the remainder of the current council tax year?
        It could be a wide variety of reasons. An error by the council is one of them! Potential problems include:
        - payment allocated to the wrong year's account
        - payment received late, for example client paying the agreed amount on the 5th, but it was supposed to have been received by the council on the 5th
        - payment made too early so it was treated as an overpayment for the previous month
        - client not understanding that they had agreed to make a payment towards arrears but this was in addition to the usual payment for the next month
        - client not understanding that they had been asked to make an immediate payment of £X followed by monthly payments of £Y.

If you are really feeling that you can't manage this, then it might be a good idea to go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau. They will be used to sorting out this sort of thing and will know what your local council's policies are, which we can't.

when I pay my bills tomorrow, should I still pay the £5 as usual?

Yes

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X