• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Revoked driving licence on medical grounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Revoked driving licence on medical grounds

I understand what you mean Wombats ,but many of us say that we will never speak or see some one again but it does not mean that we are going to do any harm ,and apart from what I said to him, if I was going to do any thing to my self I dont think I would have taken a weekend case with my clothes and make up ,but what has been going on with family has been for a while .

Comment

Originally posted by fairy dust 49 View Post
      I understand what you mean Wombats ,but many of us say that we will never speak or see some one again but it does not mean that we are going to do any harm ,and apart from what I said to him, if I was going to do any thing to my self I dont think I would have taken a weekend case with my clothes and make up ,but what has been going on with family has been for a while .
      I agree. I was just trying to see an angle for the police to have done what they did. I know if there is a (malicious) suggestion of someone being about to do something drastic which calls into account their capacity, the police normally react very quickly. A RTA may have served to confirm this in their eyes. This is, of course, pure supposition but might explain things.

Any appeal should hopefully be pretty much a formality.

Comment

I did forget to mention that there are other grounds that I need my car as I look after my dad and take him to Hospital appointments ,even though he has a licence he is unable to drive him self at the moment due to having cataracts and is waiting to have an eye op to rectify it .Could this also be taken into consideration to have my licence reinstated.

Comment

Originally posted by fairy dust 49 View Post
          I did forget to mention that there are other grounds that I need my car as I look after my dad and take him to Hospital appointments ,even though he has a licence he is unable to drive him self at the moment due to having cataracts and is waiting to have an eye op to rectify it .Could this also be taken into consideration to have my licence reinstated.
          Sadly not. You either are or are not fit to drive.

Comment

I totaly understand what you are saying and in hind sight I would most probably have the same thoughts ,but when I told him he would never see me again he was told at the same time not to contact me again that I was not putting up with there constant harrasment of text messages .I had all ready told police what had been happening days before this all came about and the police advised me to delete their numbers ,but that does not stop them contacting me .

Comment

This is drifting into a separate issue which may be worth starting a new thread about - that of them still contacting you after police involvement, and after deleting their numbers. My experience is the police advise you block numbers rather than delete them. If they still contact you against your wishes, it could be bordering on harassment. That is really for a separate thread altogether.

Comment

In post 22 when mentioned about being t-packed on motorway ,the police actualy commended me on my driving even going through the speed restriction with road works as it was knocked down from 70 to 50 speed limit and the police laughed and said that I did not even go over 50 as soon as the signs showed up.

Comment

Sorry didnt mean to drift ,was just saying what lead to all this problem with licence .

Comment

Co-Codamol is a combination of codeine, an opioid, and paracetamol (Combination of Codeine and Paracetamol).

The Paracetamol element is nothing to give the police any cause for concern and I know of no case in English Law where someone has been convicted of driving a motor vehicle on a road whilst under the influence of Paracetamol.

Where it appears the police may be playing safe is with the Codeine element. Everyone reacts differently to this opioid; some people achieve relief from pain without any side effects, but others experience side effects, like itching, drowsiness, nausea, a rash or vomitting.

I feel your best course of action, at present, is to speak to Driver's Medical Branch, at DVLA, in the first instance, and take it from there.
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thank you Blue Bottle ,I have just returned from my Drs appointment and he informed me that he has all ready been back in touch with the DVLA to explain the situation ,and he is confident that I will receive my licence back .But he did say they may request that I have an assessment just to make sure there is no psychological problems ,I am in total agreement with what he says if an assessment is requested .

Comment

the Dr did inform me that because I had not eaten for 24 hrs and took co-codamol that would have stayed in my system and each time I took 1 it would have built up in my body .

Comment

That's good news.

What your doctor has said about taking Co-Codamol without eating is spot-on. Opioids and other opiate-based or derived drugs have a habit of building up in the body if a person does not eat as normal.

I feel you have learned a salutary lesson from this experience and it should serve as a warning to anyone who has to take prescription drugs containing opium in any form that such drugs must be treated with respect and advice and instructions from healthcare professionals and pharmacists heeded.
                          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Yes it has ,I did not know that the medication would have built up with not eating .he did assure me that I did not have excess build up but had enough that would be equal to taking roughly between 8 or 10 at one time ,and to hear that was scary .So now I understand why the police was cautious the day of the accident .

Comment

It sort of makes you think there should be bigger warnings on the packets. I know we're all supposed to read the little leaflets inside, but how many do? Co-codomol are readily available not as a prescription drug also, so all the more important.

Fingers crossed you get the licence back soon! :beagle:

Comment

Thank you Wombats , I have read the leaflet again and it does not mention to be taken with food .But now I make sure I eat before taking any medication ,and on the plus side I am glad I still have the backing of my Dr and am only to happy to have a DVLA assessment .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X