• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old landlord rechargeable repairs dispute

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Old landlord rechargeable repairs dispute

Thans Des8 good to know that I may have a case for arguing. As said I will be putting in the SAR request early next week. Would you advise me contacting Bromford and letting them know what I am doing my end soa they don't think I'm ignoring them?

Comment

I wouldn't waste my money doing anything.
      Certainly wouldn't discuss any defence at this stage ............... let them try to "prove" their claim.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply been working all weekend so not much time to check in. I am expecting to hear something off them again this week you think I should ignore until that happens?

Comment

IMO wait 'till you hear from them

Comment

Can now provide an update. Have come home to a letter today (how they have my address I don't know as I haven't provided them with it)

The letter is dated 27th October and states I still owe £1296.24. This would imply that the deposit of £500 hasn't been deducted even though Deposit Protection e-mailed me saying funds have cleared. The letter goes as follows:

"You have not cleared the unpaid balance of £1296.24.

If you do not pay, I will have to take legal action to recover the debt through the county court. This may make it difficult for you to get credit or borrow money in the future. The judge may also award us costs, which will be added to your debt.

To avoid this please call me straight away on ... We may be able to make an agreement for you to pay this debt by installments

Yours sincerely"

Should i still ignore this or reply stating my claims to argue?

Comment

I certainly wouldn't try and put out a detailed repudiation of their claim at this time.
              Perhaps just acknowledge their letter and tell them in your opinion you owe them zilch.
              But it's your decision

IF it goes to court, and IF you lose, and IF you don't pay promptly then it might become more difficult to borrow money.
              Regarding any costs if you should lose, these will be minimal as a case this small will be allocated to the small claims track.

Comment

Hi all sorry to drag this up from the ethers. Since the last posts phone calls and letters have continued now threatening County Court Action to be started if balance not paid by the end of this week. I now think I may be best putting my reasons for not paying in a letter and getting it sent off. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help with what to put in there and perhaps draft read before sending as I'm not the best at this sort of thing.

Thanks

Adam

Comment

Hi Adam,
                  Sorry, but if your still around I missed your last post and just picked up on it.
                  Have things progressed to Court?

Comment

Hi Des thanks for replying and sorry for not getting back to you. After my previous post I sent my argument to Bromford quoting things from terms and condition listed above plus a few more things I manager to find (took a good few hours)

The Monday before Christmas had a reply noting it had been received and being dealt with would receive a reply within 14 working days of that date (22nd) received nothing as yet however don't know what todas post will deliver will update when I have a reply.

Thanks

Adam

Comment

Hi all just need some advice with regards to the "14 working days response"

My calculations make today the 14th working day and have had no correspondence or contact of any sort. My query is relating to Christmas. I believe Bromfords offices would have been closed between Christmas and New Year bar staff to log emergency repairs. Technically these days are working days (my company was open) but have Bromford got any grounds for an extra 3/4 days if their offices were closed? If not and the 14 days have passed with no correspondence where do I stand with this dispute could I tell them that as they have not replied as promised I believe the case to be closed?

Comment

It doesn't really mean much, except they're not very good at keeping to their own deadlines.

I would let sleeping dogs lie, and not let them know you might be concerned.
                        The 14 days doesn't mean much, except there will be a delay in responding. They have 6 years in which to bring an action!

Comment

Thanks Des have received an email from them today

"I am still awaiting information regarding your letter from our surveyor and will respond to you as soon as it is received."

Now as someone has already moved into the property I would assume that some repairs I am basing my argument on would have been carried out to their moving?
                          Guess will have to wait and see

Comment

That's right............ just keep waiting, but don't fret!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X