• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Asbestos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asbestos

Hi everyone,

im looking for some advice on behalf of my dad.

approx 12 years ago my dads lung collapsed and he was really unwell for some time.
    the hospital advised us that he had a small shadow on his lung which was asbestos bit it was not cancerous at the time and there was nothing we could do.
    he was diagnosed as COPD but unfortunately his breathing has slowly detoriated and last year he was in and out of hospital.
    the cold weather makes the condition worse and so he has starting really struggling to breathe again.
    The last time we were in hospital he was really bad and they let him in for some time. They took the various X-rays again but said that the asbestos had not got worse.

i wonder if anyone could advise if he is entitled to compensation (he had worked for the London Underground) or if he is able to claim any benefits.

i feel that his condition is only getting worse and I struggle to help all the time.

thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Asbestos

Sorry to hear of your father's health problems.

Undoubtedly asbestos was /is present in the London Underground.
    Unfortunately the connection between COPD and asbestos is not as clear as in some other lung diseases.
    Is or was your father a union member? If so they mat be able to assist and support.

Regarding your query about benefits available a lot more information about your father's condition is needed before commenting.
    The British Lung Foundation website may be of use to you http://www.blf.org.uk/Page/Financial-support

I amsure others will be along soon with more advice

Comment

Re: Asbestos

I understand your father union was & is represented by Thompsons Solicitors a large firm who specialize in personal injury and in particular all things asbestos.

I suggest that you contact them asap as I'm sure they can help on a no win no fee CFA

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X