• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HCE Officers coming to home address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HCE Officers coming to home address

Here is an up date.

I have had a visit from the HCEO, i think. I had a letter through my door this morning. Having check the home CCTV, I find that a gentleman attended my premises for a period of just under two minutes. I heard no door bell or knock on the door. He looked to have already had in his hand a sealed envelope which is what he posted.

It was a Visit Notice. There is an area on the notice for the date to be written in but this is blank. It then states "Payment in full must be made by ......(48 hrs)..... by Cash or Bankers Draft payable to... then the name of the enforcement company . the 48 hour bit is hand written.

There has been no mention of seizure of my car, this was parked on the drive at the time, or any mention of any goods being seize. It is then signed by a Mr Xxxxxxx (name withheld) on behalf of Mr Xxx (again withheld) who is the HCEO so I am guessing that this person who attended wasn't even an Officer, but I don't know as I never spoke with him. I have checked the register of HCEO's and cannot find the one who called.

The debt value has also risen massively, in fact it has gone up by over a grand.

What on earth are these people playing at. Surely there must be reasonable steps made to contact the defendant. Surely they cannot just turn up, drop a letter then disappear then charge a grand for the pleasure. Now I know why I never got the original court summons. I also had a delivery from UPS about an hour later. I checked the CCTV to check it was working correctly and hadn't recorded at half speed, The UPS man knocked loud, and rang the door bell, he was on my property for 4 minutes 27 seconds. I then signed his pad and off he went. Perhaps the HCEO's should take a leaf out of their book.

Ps the car is mine. I own it personally. I have the V5 and receipt so if he had seized it would have been a little embarrassing for him.

I have also now spoken to the person who is renting my old offices. He informs me that the bailiff attend there and discussed my case with them, including telling them what the amount was that was owed, and who the claimant was. Isn't there such a thing as confidentiality or at least data protection?

Comment

Now you have experienced life at the sharp end of this. As said previously he can only take control of any goods that belong to the Ltd Co. You should write to them - email is fine - advising that there are no goods or assets of the Ltd Co at your home address - something that should have been evidenced by the visit.

As for checking the names - the authorised HCEO is the one that will appear on the list provided @ http://www.hceoa.org.uk/members/auth...directory.html whereas the attending officer must now hold a Bailiff Certificate which may be able to be checked @ http://certificatedbailiffs.justice....catedBailiffs/ or if a recent application @ http://certificatedbailiffs.justice....lic.do?search=

Comment

HCEOs should know better than to try and enforce a CCJ personally against the directors of a Limited Company unless a court has ruled the directors are personally liable or the directors have given a personal guarantee on a loan or other financial sum.

I think you need to find out who had your home address endorsed on the Writ and if they knew of the company's registered office address, whether they have any evidence that you are holding company assets at your home address and their grounds for believing this to be.

If the HCEO is being economical with the truth or sailing close to the wind, consider complaining to the High Court Enforcement Officers Association (HCEOA).

The HCEO is required to comply with the Data Protection Act. Which High Court Enforcement Company is involved?
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Am I allowed to post the name of company on here?

Comment

It would help. Some High Court Enforcement Companies are better than others. Some give the industry a bad name.

Comment

High Court Enforcement Group Ltd

Comment

It might be worth contacting the creditor and putting them on notice of the questionable actions of their contracted enforcement agent and their 100% vicarious liability for their actions. If you have the name of the HCEO, I would give consideration to making a complaint to the HCEOA.

Comment

I have a name on the notice but cannot locate him via the links supplied above by ploddertom. Does this mean he is not an Officer or Agent? I personally feel that he was a postman for the company and that he had no intention of speaking or dealing with me. As mentioned my car is on the drive, I have not hidden it but he never once looked at it. My wife has a brand new car also (Contract Hire) and he walked past this too.

I have never dealt with HCEO's before hence my original post. I have seen the UK TV shows and I have to be honest, I would rather be dealing with the guys of the Tele. They look a lot more professional. I feel like all they want to do is throw a bucket of water on a drowning man. Rack up the bill.

Comment

The HCEO's name will be printed on the Writ and you can ask to see this or a copy of it. Writs are issued by the Queen's Bench Division of the High Court. If you have any queries about the Writ, ring the Royal Courts of Justice, Queen's Bench Division, and ask to be put through to the Enforcement Section. Ask them to check the details on the Writ as they sent it out.

Altering details on a court warrant, writ or other order without the knowledge and/or sanction of the court is taken very seriously.

Comment

One of the reasons you will not find him on the Register because it is hopelessly out of date, the only sure fire way of doing this is to ask to see his ID or to ask him at which Court he was Certificated. As for making complaint about how this has been done then I think you will find you are wasting your time as he has done nothing wrong.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X