• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bristow and sutor help with fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristow and sutor help with fees

Hi everyone,

im in a bit of a mess, I have an old council tax account that was passed to bristow and sutor. I am unable to work as I'm home with my disabled daughter, so I contacted the council when this first come about to inform them of my situation and the £500+ they wanted a month was not achievable so the council passed me to the top guy in the department and I have been in contact with him ever since. Although he never took the debt back we worked out together I could pay £87 a month the clear this debt which I have been paying every month for a while now.

Bristow ow and sutor phoned today to tell me the arrangement ran out in February, and I now needed to make a new one, I got slightly peeved on the phone and ended up making the same £87 arrangement. I then thought I'd ask for a breakdown of fees added to the account and I got a big surprise.

Turns out they levied on my father in laws car back in 2013 which when they turned up they were given the log book by my father in law to prove it never belonged to me, they have added a levy fee on this date for £67 + £24.50 redemption fee (head h) and + 9.00 van/abortive fee then two months later they have added another van fee of £280 ! Am I right in thinking as they have no valid levy and have never been in the property what so ever ( never signed anything either) that these fees have been added to my account falsely ?

Im im really angry but just need some info so I can ring my guy at the council.

Thank you for any replies I'm just not sure where I stand with these fees
    Tags: None

Re: Bristow and sutor help with fees

Originally posted by kbarrett2707 View Post
    Hi everyone,

im in a bit of a mess, I have an old council tax account that was passed to bristow and sutor. I am unable to work as I'm home with my disabled daughter, so I contacted the council when this first come about to inform them of my situation and the £500+ they wanted a month was not achievable so the council passed me to the top guy in the department and I have been in contact with him ever since. Although he never took the debt back we worked out together I could pay £87 a month the clear this debt which I have been paying every month for a while now.

Bristow ow and sutor phoned today to tell me the arrangement ran out in February, and I now needed to make a new one, I got slightly peeved on the phone and ended up making the same £87 arrangement. I then thought I'd ask for a breakdown of fees added to the account and I got a big surprise.

Turns out they levied on my father in laws car back in 2013 which when they turned up they were given the log book by my father in law to prove it never belonged to me, they have added a levy fee on this date for £67 + £24.50 redemption fee (head h) and + 9.00 van/abortive fee then two months later they have added another van fee of £280 ! Am I right in thinking as they have no valid levy and have never been in the property what so ever ( never signed anything either) that these fees have been added to my account falsely ?

Im im really angry but just need some info so I can ring my guy at the council.

Thank you for any replies I'm just not sure where I stand with these fees
    Given your apparent 'vulnerability' I am surprised to read that the council saw fit to send this account to Bristow & Sutor. You need to ask the council why this was done.

Secondly, any levy made is wholly the responsiblity of the local authority. The bailiffs are merely working as their AGENTS.

Again, this needs to be brought to the attention of the council and if they tell you to call Bristow & Sutor you can say to them that you will be seeking to make a Formal Complaint to the council if the matter of the levy and additional fees is not resolved to your satisfaction.

Please post back once you have spoken to the council.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X