• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

can an old debt get a CCJ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: can an old debt get a CCJ?

Thank you for your reply, do you suggest I call and ask this?
    i wil phone them in morning.

Comment

Don't phone either email or write to them You need evidence of their reply

Comment

Originally posted by Caroll54 View Post
        Thank god, it would not be fair on him, we do not have any joint connection ie: banks, name on rent, to be honest... I get a gilmmer of hope, now this, do I have a next move????? I thought it was over 6 , but it's not, and now I feel they have upped the anti....... So I can not ask them to set it aside? ...... What will they do next? .... Thanks for your reply, I really do appreciate it, I just feel it's gone from better to worse, and can see no end to it ????
        Are you sure its not over 6 years or are you just taking their word for it if so don't

Comment

Ok, thanks I will email, yes it's not 6 years, its 5 months till then , my bank statements I asked for, I found out it was standing order number 16, when I bank on line, I asked for the last payment made, and they sent a reply stating the it was March 2009

Comment

I did try to email, but it was sent straight back, so I have written a letter asking them can they confirm which method of payment was used, I will post it off tomorrow.
            thanks again.

Comment

thank you flaming parrot, so what should I di next, I have requested as Kati gave me your link to use the template letters, asking for original credit agreement, so I was waiting for that to come, i think Katie said , then it was something else to add to getting the judgement set aside? So do I wait for the agreement or just send the form off? Thanks
              sorry, meant to say, they know what I'm doing, as when I phoned them to ask them to set it aside, they said what were my reason? So I told them , that's how they know,
              Set aside has to be applied for formally, using the N244 form.

Just looked on line, and noticed this.

when someone takes a county court judgement action against you, you will be sent forms CCJ forms..... Which I never had.
              this form will explain how much you owe, ...... I never had that.
              your also sent a admissions for.... Which I did not get
              Yes, they should have sent you a claim form with a response pack, part of which is the admission form, however, filling that one in would result in a CCJ.

Or, maybe they did not need to do that???
              The DID need to do that, they were probably sent to an old address or got lost in the post.

The letters from mortamor Clarke that I received, we're not court papers? And the stamp was printed,

also so on my letter they stated my last payment was 31/3/2009, do I need to phone them and ask for proof?
              A claim form would look like this, did you get anything like that?

Comment

I have an email from my bank, the last payment made was 27th March 2009.
                So they are correct, I was wrong. So now I need to ask, as I have no income, I would imagine they will make my partner pay, so shall I let them know that they are correct, and it's not 6 years.

Sorry guys, I really believed it was over 6 years.
                Thank god, it would not be fair on him, we do not have any joint connection ie: banks, name on rent, to be honest... I get a gilmmer of hope, now this, do I have a next move????? I thought it was over 6 , but it's not, and now I feel they have upped the anti....... So I can not ask them to set it aside? ...... What will they do next? .... Thanks for your reply, I really do appreciate it, I just feel it's gone from better to worse, and can see no end to it ????
                If the debt is in your sole name, there's no reason why he should pay. :nono:

I did try to email, but it was sent straight back, so I have written a letter asking them can they confirm which method of payment was used, I will post it off tomorrow.
                That's a good idea. :thumb:

Comment

Thank you for your reply, yes I think i did. So that's it then, it was really from the court, the income form has partner/ spouse, and then there income so how do I go about that, I think they are cross with me, I did say I had legal advise,

Comment

What has the partners income to do with a Civil debt?

Comment

Well on the income form, it asks if your married, single or other, then monthly income partner/ spouse wages, but I don't get housekeeping, Phil pays for everything, phil pays for ford options car, he send the money to my account, as car is in my name. Thanks for your reply. So I'm worried

Comment

STOP worrying its easy to sort other Beagles will come on here to help I and others can offer support sorry I don't have the answers but having been there and got the Tshirt its not that bad

Comment

But , they could send baliffs, or make me go bankrupt....... I have read that, before the CCJ, I had a 4 out of 5 credit score, now that's gone, I know that's gone now, and it's my fault, but they sound really cross with me, and I do not know what they are able to do to me??? Over the 8 years I have been with Phil, when I did not have nerve problems in my back, I did work, so I did buy some things from the house, I don't have savings, but it's the thought of people turning up with a lorry to take things, and I read you need to show proof of what you brought.... Well we don't keep records...... So what will happen then????? Thanks for your help, you are kind, and I do really appreciate everything everyone has helped me with.

Comment

Stop worrying. Your getting way ahead of yourself They have stated that it might be possible to have it set aside & that any actions are suspended for at least 2 weeks

Comment

Yes, that is true, but it's under 6 years, also I received there letter Saturday, 18th and I have 14 days to reply, so I can not go past them days. Thank you for your kind words, I will try, it is hard, as sometimes your mind goes into overdrive, and the get upset, thank you walesman and righty, flaming parrot Mike Katie amethyst, for all your help, it is kind, I do appreciate it, hopefully I have not missed anyone,

Comment

Flaming parrot, I do not know if this makes i difference, but that form was not blue, like the one you posted on line. Thanks.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X