• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

*WON* £5800 mobile phone charges following theft in BCN ** WIPED !!! **

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: £5800 mobile phone charges following theft in BCN If anyone can advise me ; (

Thank you ; )
    I'm exploring some options at the moment I will keep you posted
    The £500 is Vodafone's default position

Respect for going into VF and asking them about their daily limits abroad .I think we all could do this .
    Last edited by Mabel; 25th November 2014, 14:34:PM. Reason: mis spelling

Comment

Re: £5800 mobile phone charges following theft in BCN If anyone can advise me ; (

More Vodafone phone stolen charges of £5k on BBC Breakfast this morning. Reduced to £500. Must be their default position when press get involved.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

http://legalbeagles.info/bbc-news-st...says-watchdog/

Stolen mobiles are still causing victims “shock bills”, in spite of government promises to cap call charges, Citizens Advice has said.
        The watchdog said consumers have faced charges of up to £23,000 each, after thieves used their phones.
        A year ago the culture secretary, then Maria Miller, promised that such charges would be capped at £50 by the Spring of 2014.
        The government said it was waiting for the industry to agree the details.
        Citizens Advice claimed as many as 160,000 people a year are hit by high call charges, following the theft of a mobile phone or a SIM card.
        Thieves often use them to call premium-rate or foreign destinations.
        Many consumers have reported being charged several thousand pounds as a result, although the regulator, Ofcom, says the average bill is only £65.
        via BBC News – Stolen mobiles still causing shock bills, says watchdog.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi Dear Amethyst
          Sorry life has been a tad busy
          You beat me to it, ; ) I was just about to upload the BBC and Watchdog/ CAB news.

I'm still investigating some avenues and advice regarding the £600 bill left on my account.
          Vodafone haven't written to me I only heard through Miles that the bill had been reduced.

Ombudsman did this week by email., saying they have negotiated a drop in my bill to £4900 and a letter of apology from Vodafone for poor and confusing customer services and I need to let them know by december 18th whether I accept or don't accept .

on line my bill is £500 not £5800

£50 cap like banks is great news.

Mabel

Comment

Hi phone up Vodafone and ask them for all your statements have a look through them and if there was any phone charges that seem too high etc claim them back ok they have dropped the bill from the £5800 brilliant put a mark next to any overcharged amounts missed direct debits etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mabel View Post

Ombudsman did this week by email., saying they have negotiated a drop in my bill to £4900 and a letter of apology from Vodafone for poor and confusing customer services and I need to let them know by december 18th whether I accept or don't accept .
              Wow the ombudsman are really on the ball aren't they lol. I'm guessing you aren't accepting their ridiculous offer. At least your online banking shows it at £500.
              Maybe you should respond to the ombudsman showing them the £500 balance showing on your online statement while saying thanks but no thanks.

Welcome to VIP
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

sloane 82 thank you, I am sifting through them. ; )
                I stopped a direct debit and have been paying my normal monthly bill since May on line.
                VF a while ago sent me a copy of all the phone calls in BCN ( from 4am - 6pm on 17th may ) it appears my sim was cloned and multiple calls were made,

Enjoy your weekend
                Mabel
                Last edited by Mabel; 12th December 2014, 18:13:PM.

Comment

Ha ha

You couldn't write it ; )

I will respond to them in good time

Its a pleasure to be a VIP

Enjoy your weekend

Thanks for legalbeagle and Miles Brignall - you turned my world around - community and connections , sharing knowledge is the way forward in this world : )
                  Mabel x
                  Last edited by Mabel; 12th December 2014, 17:47:PM. Reason: had t add a little bit to my post ; )

Comment

http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/15/man-bi...liday-4987762/

It appears £500 has become the default position for Vodafone on phone shock bills

away from discussions about a £50 cap akin to banks which should have been in place in Spring this year

http://www.bbc-now.co.uk/news/business-30429347

I will keep you updated with any news , Dear Folk

Mabel

Comment

sloane 82 thank you, I am sifting through them. ; )
                      I stopped a direct debit and have been paying my normal monthly bill since May on line.
                      VF a while ago sent me a copy of all the phone calls in BCN ( from 4am - 6pm on 17th may ) it appears my sim was cloned and multiple calls were made,

Enjoy your weekend
                      Mabel
                      Not to put a dampener on your news hun, but it isn't possible to clone a sim card and it hasnt been since about 2005.
                      this is from not only my friends in our network service team (not vf i hasten to add) but a few friends who have began working in EE have been told the identical thing.
                      any network investigation will show calls made from the sim card in the phone at that time.

Comment

Hi Hurricane Puffrose
                        I'm sorry for the late reply.
                        Vodafone informed me that they could see the person was making calls and placing them on hold and then making other calls and this wasn't my usual activity . I'm not sure how this occurs ?

Mabel
                        Last edited by Mabel; 23rd December 2014, 23:43:PM.

Comment

For everyone and Hurricane Puffrose, it appears that with certain smart phones you can makes calls and put them on hold and then make other calls ( which may have been why a VF employee thought my sim may have been cloned to make multiple calls)
                          For anyone going abroad. Don't take a contract phone or smart phone, take a cheap pay as you go or get a cheap pay as you go phone in the country that you are visiting, or don't use a phone at all, Its time to get wise, :doggieyes:

Comment

For everyone and Hurricane Puffrose, it appears that with certain smart phones you can makes calls and put them on hold and then make other calls ( which may have been why a VF employee thought my sim may have been cloned to make multiple calls)
                            For anyone going abroad. Don't take a contract phone or smart phone, take a cheap pay as you go or get a cheap pay as you go phone in the country that you are visiting, or don't use a phone at all, Its time to get wise, :doggieyes:
                            You're spot on. Until network providers like Vodafone, O2 EE etc. get their act together it's better to leave your smartphone at home. If enough of us do just that, it will hit them where it hurts the most - their pockets!

Comment

Hey everyone
                              It's been awhile, I thought I would give you today's update It's good news.
                              I've been between Ombudsman and Vodafone for awhile, final decision was I owed £562 and then charges seemed to occur and bill was £762, I sought free legal advice and also saw the article in The Observer. about £100 cap, so I wrote to the Chief Exec of Vodafone. Vodafone and Ombudsman haven't written or contacted me, I had an automated text that the bill for £762.00 was due tomorrow. I phoned VF today and the bill is now £100.
                              I will sit comfortably with that.
                              VF informed me that my credit rating hasn't been affected.
                              Thank you Dear Folk and Miles Brignall for the support along this part of life's road.

This is an example of how people- working together can bring about change and influence organizations

Mabel xxx
                              Last edited by Mabel; 27th February 2015, 01:31:AM.

Comment

Thanks for updating us Mabel, good news re the £100, well done.
                                Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X