• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell !! ;) help please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell !! ;) help please

Hi, wonder if someone can give me advice,

I took a loan out with provident in 2010, £1600 I paid a number of payments to them, since then I've move address a few times and to be honest completely forgot about the debt, a couple of days ago received a let from Lowell group saying that they now own the account and this is what they have confirmed...

The account we hold for you was originally a Provident Personal Loan with an amount agreed to pay back of £1622.91
    This is the amount borrowed plus a charge for the amount and length of time the loan was taken over.
    The account was taken out on the 13th of December 2010 with account number – 13839397 which then went into default on the 3rd of June 2013 due to no payments being made since the 2nd of April 2013.

Please advise how you would like to continue.

I've checked my credit report on experian and there is nothing on my credit report for this debt.

I've asked Lowell to produce the original documentation from provident to prove the debt is mine.

Can anyone advise me what to do, I realise should pay it but to be honest the interest rate was so high and I feel they took advantage of me at a difficult time so I think just stuff em really!

Any help would be apprieciated

i can can post here the letters I have from them if needed

Jon
    Tags: None

Re: Lowell !! help please

Have you sent a CCA request to Lowell ? If they own the debt now they are deemed as the creditor and they will need a copy of the original loan agreement (or a reconstruction of) in order to enforce the debt.

CCA request is http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...y-of-Agreement
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi and welcome, someone will be along to help you, I have taken out the four letter word in your title may be true but no need to stoop as low as they.
      Enaid x

Comment

Hi, I have requested a copy of the original loan agreement, they say they have requested this from provident, they have sent me an email confirming they were sold the debt by provident and will forward the loan agreement when they receive it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X