• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax Bank/Nationwide Building Society Overdraft Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Halifax Bank/Nationwide Building Society Overdraft Fees

Originally posted by guitarsnspanners View Post
    Hi Orfoster,

So how did it go?
    The Judge refused us permission to appeal. That isn't to say the appeal would have succeeded but essentially he wouldn't allow us to appeal a case we won.

Interestingly see here http://www.fla.org.uk/index.php/rece...s-for-members/

You can really only go back 6 years.

If you've had your account for a long time and the terms of the charges were varied without reason to your detriment then yes you have a good case, in my view. I'm no legal expert though.

Have you written to the Nationwide CEO by e-mailing and quoting my case?

Comment

i wrote to Nationwide but they were'nt very helpful i think its going to have to go to the small claims court. I will write a letter to the CEO cheers.

Comment

Here's some more info on the Halifax Overdraft Fees.
        Attached Files

Comment

If any can help me to claim these back that would be fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by orfoster View Post
            The Judge refused us permission to appeal. That isn't to say the appeal would have succeeded but essentially he wouldn't allow us to appeal a case we won.

Interestingly see here http://www.fla.org.uk/index.php/rece...s-for-members/

You can really only go back 6 years.

If you've had your account for a long time and the terms of the charges were varied without reason to your detriment then yes you have a good case, in my view. I'm no legal expert though.

Have you written to the Nationwide CEO by e-mailing and quoting my case?
            Sorry I've been away, been a pretty tough few months. Anyways, thanks for that Orforster, having read through the judgement's in the link you posted it looks like there may be a decent grounding finally for having a second shot. It appears that as a result of the Hatasog judgement and the questions raised therein, a lot of the UTCCR's apply, literally as they're spelled out. Of course I'm no expert but I'm not an idiot either and it does look hopeful. After the UKSC 2009 judgement, it seems we now have new precedent. I shall try contacting them again quoting your case.
            Thanks

Comment

I've Started a Small Claims Court Case Against Halifax Here is the the information that was sent from TLT Solicitors. Today.

- - - Updated - - -

It made me laugh as they owe me £2100 worth of charges. I am hoping for the best.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice one Sloane 82, and thanks for the update. Best of luck to you, fingers crossed. What is the basis of your argument for a reclaim please? Are you using the Orforster case as leverage or Hasotag or similar? Has there been any update since you posted this? Thanks

Comment

I've contacted Howlett Clarke Solicitors regarding this as TLT have mentioned about my particulars. Yeah I've got to be careful with the case as I am really unhappy with Halifax Bank. You've got to be careful with mentioning things to defendants especially with TLT. I've just got to hope for the best. Paul Tilley is quite busy he said that he will speak to Tom Brennan about amending my particulars.

Comment

TLT are trying to strike out my claim due to my particulars. i have contacted Howlett Clarke. And Paul Tilley has mentioned that it will cost me £400 to amend my particulars. I have written to the Money claims courts. they have said that it will cost £50 or free in certain circumstances. Is there any advice that you can help me with this please.

Comment

Hi Is there any legal Aid or advice that you can give me regarding my case please.

Comment

Originally posted by sloane82 View Post
                        TLT are trying to strike out my claim due to my particulars. i have contacted Howlett Clarke. And Paul Tilley has mentioned that it will cost me £400 to amend my particulars. I have written to the Money claims courts. they have said that it will cost £50 or free in certain circumstances. Is there any advice that you can help me with this please.
                        Have you checked to see if your are eligible for fee remission?

nem

Comment

I have filled in the EX 160A. I hope there is. I need help from a lawyer. I am in Financial Difficulty.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X