• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PKea v RCI Financial Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PKea v RCI Financial Services

Ok this follows on from an initial joint thred here between RCI & RFS which relate the Renault finance.

I have now started against RCI as they have taken a Direct Payment for their charges this month.

What concerns me is that they haven't added it onto my monthly payment they have taken a seperate payment, which i will recall from the bank.

Anyway here is my first letter re the charges, basically the same as RFS got
    RCI Financial Services
    Egale House
    78 St Albans Road
    Watford
    Hertfordshire
    WD17 1AF

20th February 2008

Dear Sir/Madam

Repayment of Charges Request

AGREEMENT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxx

I am writing to ask you to refund to me the penalty charges which you have added to my agreement over its duration.

I have recently discovered that these charges are unlawful at Common Law & Statute. This is further reinforced by the Office of Fair Trading report of 5/4/06 which concluded that these charges are unfair to the consumer. If you believe that they are not penalties, then will you please demonstrate this by giving me a full breakdown of the costs you have incurred as a result of my breaches, in order to prove to me that your penalties really do reflect your actual losses.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I entered in the agreement. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I calculate that you have added £214.70 to the agreement in charges, plus added £8.69 in various migrated charges to the agreement.

Therefore the total I am requesting at this stage is £223.39

I attach a schedule of the charges which I am claiming with this letter

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by which I will receive a refund.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company such as yours with dedicated staff and departments. If you do not respond to my second letter within 14 days, I shall commence a County Court claim against you.

Yours faithfully,

Re: PKea v RCI Financial Services

Watching with interest.

Good luck
    Member of the Beagles £2 coin and small change savers clubs, both based in the Debt Forum:11:

Comment

Got a phonecall from these muppets tonight, not that i could hear a word they were saying as my phone line is cap at the moment.

Anyway its LBA time for this one now

Comment

Ok they have responded to both my claims in the same letter

I will post details on the other thread

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ead.php?t=4986

PKea

Comment

No I tell a lie and it doesnt relate to this agreement, it was written in gobblygook and has taken me half an hour to decipher it.

So no response as yet to this one, will send the lbs to them along with the lba for the other agreement

Comment

LBA Goes Out Tommorrow

Comment

Ok then, I have made the final contractural payment for this now, sot the direct debit has been cancelled, there are arrears but as the charges are a lot more than these i have already disputed them

So now to pull my finger out and sort my POC out for this
              I am going to base it on the original bank charges poc.

I am going to bring both agreements together and put them on the one claim.

As i lost a lot of computer stuff, i dont think i sent a lba out, so i will redo that so that the timing will fall in with when i have money to make the claim.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X