• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot's stupid little tricks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cabot's stupid little tricks

Since this thread is merely a highlight and not a call for help, I suggest a Squiggling competition! See what recognisable object you can create from that piece of string up there. Should clear the Monday blues......

Comment

said grandsons attempt at drawing a "monster"
      Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

to be fair I've signed for a few parcels in a similar way, start out with best intentions of doing my signature but ends up looking more like that because the postie insists on holding the screen and the screen is usually quite pitted.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Letter arrived today from Cabot re my complaint. They have denied any wrongdoing or the breach of any law by informing me it would take up to 40 days to source the original agreement from the original lender. It's funny, though, how they can just pull 40 days out of the air re a CCA request. Love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Haddock View Post
            Letter arrived today from Cabot re my complaint. They have denied any wrongdoing or the breach of any law by informing me it would take up to 40 days to source the original agreement from the original lender. It's funny, though, how they can just pull 40 days out of the air re a CCA request. Love it.
            That seems to be a relatively new template letter they are using these days as everyone who sends them a CCA request seems to be getting one of them. I reckon someone at Crapbot Towers got confused between a SAR (where they do have 40 days to comply) and a CCA request. Easily done when they've only got two brain cells and only one works! :lol:

Comment

The Clowns at Crapshot are quoting " Industry Guidance" in regard to this "40 days to obtain a CCA".
              Perhaps they believes the CSA Guidelines overrule the CCA 1974.

Challenge this statement and report as for information to the FCA with a copy of the letter.

Comment

get ICO involved

Comment

Nemesis45 - FCA already aware.

Mike770 - ICO involvement? Can you expand, please?

Getting close to their own 40-day window closing! :-)

Comment

CCA1974 IS 12 + 2 Days =14 days to supply

40 Days for a S.A.R. request = time limits

These idiots like some others try to fool you with 40 days for both,

if well over 14 days then a complaint on-line to the Information Commissioners office could be your next move, but you state near 40 day window? is that for the CCA1974??? delay tactics ?

you have contacted the FCA, it seems, have they responded to you?

Comment

104 days since I got the 40 days letter and I'm still waiting

Comment

Originally posted by MIKE770 View Post
                        CCA1974 IS 12 + 2 Days =14 days to supply

40 Days for a S.A.R. request = time limits

These idiots like some others try to fool you with 40 days for both,

if well over 14 days then a complaint on-line to the Information Commissioners office could be your next move, but you state near 40 day window? is that for the CCA1974??? delay tactics ?

you have contacted the FCA, it seems, have they responded to you?
                        Understood re CCA & SAR and yes, the 40 period was stated for response providing CCA. The forty days are next week. The FCA responded only to say that they are investigating Cabot and that I'm not likely to see their response, which I understand.

They state that they refute my allegation of breaching any legislation (viz, CCA 1974) and, as such, cannot uphold my complaint. It wasn't a 'complaint': I had written to them merely pointing out that they had missed the 12+2 days re the CCA

Comment

Then have a word with the ICO, I did and a large Bank squirmed full of apologies to the ICO ????

Comment

I'll wait til next week to see what they produce, if anything. And thanks, Mike770, I'll follow up with the ICO . Anything to rock their leaking boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Haddock View Post
                              I'll wait til next week to see what they produce, if anything. And thanks, Mike770, I'll follow up with the ICO . Anything to rock their leaking boat.
                              Keep the FCA up dated on the time scale it all helps to put a screw in Cabots coffin.

Comment

As expected, the Cabot Clowns are unable to produce the documents requested under CCA 1974 but say that they will endeavour to keep asking the OC for the paperwork.

Does anyone else find it odd that when an account is sold that the OC doesn't always furnish the hopeful purchaser with the relevant documentation?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X