• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

motorhome scam on ebay / gumtree / autotrader

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motorhome scam on ebay / gumtree / autotrader

thanks to legalbeagles I was alerted to the ebay scam on a motorhome I was intrested in buying in fort william I was also on the brink of transferring monies on another motorhome a said FIAT LUNAR ROADSTAR786 REG NO RX55 HOH
    after reading your forum it was the usual brief moved to Scotland on work will deliver paypal /ebay money back deal thankfully
    I was alerted to this before I parted with any money
    after scanning Ebay again today there are lots of new listings with the same sp looks like the scammers are having a field day
    if like me you are looking to buy a motorhome take care don't part with money before you see the goods

thanks to everyone who helped save me money
    Tags: None

Re: motorhome scam

Hi Hondaboy

Thanks for letting us know. Could you give us a link to the listing - have you reported it ?

Where did you find the advert and what stage in the email comms have you got to ? Have you told the scammer you aren't going ahead ? If not could you get the 'invoice' and bank details out of them ?

Could you also post any emails you have had from the ''seller'' ?

Sharon
    xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      Hi Hondaboy

Thanks for letting us know. Could you give us a link to the listing - have you reported it ?

Where did you find the advert and what stage in the email comms have you got to ? Have you told the scammer you aren't going ahead ? If not could you get the 'invoice' and bank details out of them ?

Could you also post any emails you have had from the ''seller'' ?

Sharon
      xx
      Hi Amethyst
      the item is no longer listed I started to get a bit weary when the item no she supplied was not active on ebay as the emails went along they seemed genuine and as previous stated from other parties the live link on the paypal invoice stated you can buy with
      confidence (very clever)
      I have not reported this incident I guess you think I should (who is best to report this to)
      and at this time I have not told the scammer I wil not be completing should I ?

Comment

Can you forward me the emails and ''paypal'' invoice especially if you got the bank account details on it. admin@legalbeagles.info . ( if they HAVE managed to get someone to pay this morning getting the a/c shut down might just save someone losing everything )

Yes report it to Action Fraud - and the listing to the site you found the advert on. They won't be proactive or particularly interested but it DOES help.

Don't reply to the Scammer just yet, I'll get Tools to look in shortly.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Can you forward me the emails and ''paypal'' invoice especially if you got the bank account details on it. admin@legalbeagles.info . ( if they HAVE managed to get someone to pay this morning getting the a/c shut down might just save someone losing everything )

Yes report it to Action Fraud - and the listing to the site you found the advert on. They won't be proactive or particularly interested but it DOES help.

Don't reply to the Scammer just yet, I'll get Tools to look in shortly.
          set lots of emails ect across can you let me know if they have come thro okay

Comment

Thanks for emails xx

'' alice@shglobal.co.uk ''

''Due to my location and since view is not an option I will agree for a 5-7 days of full inspection period ( after the date you receive the motorhome ). This means that you have 7 days to inspect the motorhome for any damages and decide if you want to keep it or not! ''

This the right one ?

Attached Files
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Can't see the bank a/c details - have received two emails.

Can you paste them on here.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks for emails xx

'' alice@shglobal.co.uk ''

''Due to my location and since view is not an option I will agree for a 5-7 days of full inspection period ( after the date you receive the motorhome ). This means that you have 7 days to inspect the motorhome for any damages and decide if you want to keep it or not! ''

This the right one ?

Yes that's one of them the other one is the Fort William one that alerted me to the scam which is already posted on your site

Comment

try this hope there clear
                  Bank Name: Barclays
                  Account number: 40517496
                  Sort code: 20-44-91
                  Beneficiary Name: Jacek Holasek

*Bacs, CHAPS and Faster Payments are accepted.
                  Invoice#: 71544423
                  Subtotal: £6,800.00
                  Shipping(Free): £0.00

Deposit: £0.00

Total: £6,800.00

Comment

Originally posted by hondaboy View Post
                    try this hope there clear
                    Bank Name: Barclays
                    Account number: 40517496
                    Sort code: 20-44-91
                    Beneficiary Name: Jacek Holasek

*Bacs, CHAPS and Faster Payments are accepted.
                    Invoice#: 71544423
                    Subtotal: £6,800.00
                    Shipping(Free): £0.00

Deposit: £0.00

Total: £6,800.00
                    THANKYOU, reported xxx
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

THANKYOU, reported xxx
                      Glad I could help you guys and your site saved me from parting with money
                      should I take pleasure in now telling the scammer there not getting paid or shall I let them keep thinking they might be a pay day around the corner?

Comment

You can tell them now we've got the bank account, or you can tell them you tried to make the transfer and it got bounced back to you see if they have an alternative account ?

How did you find us btw ? Was it a google search on the van name ?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

You can tell them now we've got the bank account, or you can tell them you tried to make the transfer and it got bounced back to you see if they have an alternative account ?

How did you find us btw ? Was it a google search on the van name ?
                          did a search on the reg no and it came up with buster jack when I followed this I came across you guys
                          have emailed scammers for an alternative bank will see what happens if it appears will send it across
                          thanks for your help once again
                          Tony

Comment

Excellent, it's great to know its working Feel free to spread the word and help save others from getting scammed. xx

#staysafestayhome

Comment

Another magic result xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X