• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

1st Credit now claiming old HSBC loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st Credit now claiming old HSBC loan

What is A CCA?

Comment

consumer credit agreement

Comment

Thanks.
        C

Comment

Well....... I sent the CCA reuest on 5th October and it is now the 18th October. I received a reply letter early in the week stating that they had received my letter and were going to contact HSBC etc.. However, 12 working days is almost up so I expect to receive a letter from them soon stating that they will not be able to provide the details I require etc.. This is what MKDP did..

If they do this I am going to write back to them stating that if they cannot provide this information within the required time period, they have been harrassing me for something that they have no legal claim to and will report them to the Credit Services, Association like sugarcane did above, as well as the FOS, enclosing all of the documentation that they have sent to me along with a phone/email/text message/voicemail log..

I left this too long with MKDP but not this time..

Comment

Hello everyone..

I've had to set up a new profile to the one above (wesd25) as I've forgotten my password and I don't seem to be able to re-set it..

I've been refreshing my memory about this 1st Credit attempted claim. I can't believe they first contacted me in October last year! I did receive a reply some months later stating that they weren't going to abide to my request as I hadn't signed the CCA request, which I find a little odd. I would have written my name in capitals at the very least. They effectively ignored my request..

Anyway, they've since been sending me letters, calling with their irritating automated messaging system etc practically on a weekly (or daily as far as phone calls are concerned) basis for the past 6 to 8 weeks or so and it looks like they are about to pass both accounts on to their legal department as I've been ignoring them for the time being. I'll resend a CCA request for both accounts again next week. I need to get myself organised again as everything has got shoved in the same box as the MKDP stuff and I've been busy trying to sort my life out after a rough time..

On Saturday, I received an email that attempted to get me to reply to give them permission to contact me by email to comply with the data protection act. I'm not sure where that stands legally..? If they needed permission to contact me by email to comply with the data protection act, they're broken it by sending me an email asking me to give them permission to contact me in the first place..

Anyway.. I hope everyone is well and enjoying the Summer.. I'm off to write another post about a ridiculous problem that has arisen with my van..

Cheers,
            Dan..

Comment

Hi Dan,

In my opinion it would be worth resending a CCA request to 1st Credit, (£1 fee) although technically a CCA request does
              not need a signature some companies insist, if you have and concerns sign over an "anti tamper strip " or over patch of X's
              in a light font colour.

nem
              Last edited by nemesis45; 5th July 2015, 20:09:PM.

Comment

Hi Nem..

Thanks for your reply.. I've been waiting until they pass their claims over to their legal lot so they'll definitely be receiving new request for both accounts.. I'm going to write my name in big capitals this time so they won't be able to miss it..!

When I went to Court over the MKDO claim, I remember the Judge being somewhat annoyed with MKDP for ignoring a legal request. If 1st Credit do the same thing, hopefully that'll go against them if this does ever get that far.. Hopefully it won't this time..

Cheers,
                Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wesd252 View Post
                  Hi Nem..

Thanks for your reply.. I've been waiting until they pass their claims over to their legal lot so they'll definitely be receiving new request for both accounts.. I'm going to write my name in big capitals this time so they won't be able to miss it..!

When I went to Court over the MKDO claim, I remember the Judge being somewhat annoyed with MKDP for ignoring a legal request. If 1st Credit do the same thing, hopefully that'll go against them if this does ever get that far.. Hopefully it won't this time..

Cheers,
                  Dan
                  Don't get caught out by 1st Crudit, they can be sneaky with claims!!

nem

Comment

Thx.. sneaky or not, they're not above the Law.. New requests will be sent next week.

Also, the original circumstances surrounding my accounts with HSBC fall under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 (irrespective of HSBC saying otherwise) so 1st crooks are attempting to claim something that was the result of HSBC's unfair treatment of me..

HSBC never tried to take me to Court over these accounts.. I wonder why..

Comment

Thx.. sneaky or not, they're not above the Law.. New requests will be sent next week.

Also, the original circumstances surrounding my accounts with HSBC fall under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 (irrespective of HSBC saying otherwise) so 1st crooks are attempting to claim something that was the result of HSBC's unfair treatment of me..

HSBC never tried to take me to Court over these accounts.. I wonder why..
                      Not worth the time and the costs, easier just to sell on.

nem

Comment

Hello everyone..

I've had to set up a new profile to the one above (wesd25) as I've forgotten my password and I don't seem to be able to re-set it..

I've been refreshing my memory about this 1st Credit attempted claim. I can't believe they first contacted me in October last year! I did receive a reply some months later stating that they weren't going to abide to my request as I hadn't signed the CCA request, which I find a little odd. I would have written my name in capitals at the very least. They effectively ignored my request..

Anyway, they've since been sending me letters, calling with their irritating automated messaging system etc practically on a weekly (or daily as far as phone calls are concerned) basis for the past 6 to 8 weeks or so and it looks like they are about to pass both accounts on to their legal department as I've been ignoring them for the time being. I'll resend a CCA request for both accounts again next week. I need to get myself organised again as everything has got shoved in the same box as the MKDP stuff and I've been busy trying to sort my life out after a rough time..
                        With regards to the telephone harassment, you may want to look at this thread: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...om+harrassment

Anyway.. I hope everyone is well and enjoying the Summer.. I'm off to write another post about a ridiculous problem that has arisen with my van..
                        We are indeed. Last week was lovely down here.

Comment

In the past when creditors have written back wanting a signature I have sent them this

Dear Sirs
                          Ref: xxxxxxxx
                          Thank you for your letter dated XX/XX/XXXX, the contents of which have been noted. In your letter you make reference to requiring my signed authorisation before you will comply with my CCA Request however, I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not require that I supply you a copy of my signature. If it is for Data Protection purposes then I can supply you with documentation to substantiate my identity to you. However, I note that to date you have happily sent statements and correspondence containing extensive sensitive private information to my address and so I wonder, if you are so concerned that you are corresponding with the correct person why has it taken you so long to raise this?
                          As you are aware, disclosing data without adequate checks of identity is contrary to the 7th principal of Data Protection, listed in schedule 1 of the Data protection Act 1998:
                          • Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.

I note that there is no provision that removes the requirements of the act to provide this information on time, even if you are unsure of my identity; which therefore means that this account looks likely to become unenforceable until such time you actually respond to my lawful request for a copy of the agreement. I am not going to sign anything as there is nothing that formally allows you to demand such, any future failings will be swiftly reported to the regulatory bodies so I politely suggest you adhere to this refusal.
                          I look forward to receiving the documentation requested, within the next 14 days.
                          Yours faithfully,

Sign Digitally
                          Even with RBS who are quite well known for wanting a signature it worked. Although it goes against the grain for me and I would not recommend it I can see no real reason why , with an anti tamper strip, a new CCA request should not be sent off.
                          Meanwhile the fact that you can prove they received the first one ( I assume you can) should be enough to make the account temporarily unenforceable . On the other hand actually seeing what they have is more useful as you will know if they have a leg to stand on.

P.S I think I sent out something like 25 CCA requests in 2012 and eventually all responded in one way or another , with either some type of agreement or a letter saying they couldn't find it

Comment

Hi Jon..

Interesting.. Thanks for this.. As I have yet to reply to any of their recent threats, I might send it to them.. I'm sure it'll be the last thing they'll expect to receive, it'll be interesting to see what they say, if anything.. If they get stupid, I'll just send another one and report them to the FCA for ignoring the first one, if that helps..

I'll have a receipt for the postage in my receipts somewhere but they have already said that they had received my request and decided to ignore it..

I'll have to CCA the other account as well so I'll get myself organised tomorrow.. I think it will be better than waiting for their legal department to start contacting me..

Thanks again..
                            Dan

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                            In the past when creditors have written back wanting a signature I have sent them this

Even with RBS who are quite well known for wanting a signature it worked. Although it goes against the grain for me and I would not recommend it I can see no real reason why , with an anti tamper strip, a new CCA request should not be sent off.
                            Meanwhile the fact that you can prove they received the first one ( I assume you can) should be enough to make the account temporarily unenforceable . On the other hand actually seeing what they have is more useful as you will know if they have a leg to stand on.

P.S I think I sent out something like 25 CCA requests in 2012 and eventually all responded in one way or another , with either some type of agreement or a letter saying they couldn't find it

Comment

Thanks FP..

Very interesting about the harassment.. I haven't, nor do I intend to, make any agreement with them so this might not apply to my situation but I'll file it in the back of my mind in case.. Glad to know that there is now a precedent against this now..

It has been very hot here and we had an incredible electric storm the other night too. Lightning all over the place.. During the previous night, there was the crack of thunder from hell at about 2am that nearly gave me a heart attack.! Just one, no distant rumbles to let you know there was a storm on the way!! Not even a rumbling build up on the single thunder clap. Just instant loud near heart attack inducing thunder! Sounded like someone let off a bomb in the house, it was that loud!

Cheers,
                              Dan..

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                              With regards to the telephone harassment, you may want to look at this thread: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...om+harrassment

We are indeed. Last week was lovely down here.

Comment

Thanks FP..

Very interesting about the harassment.. I haven't, nor do I intend to, make any agreement with them so this might not apply to my situation but I'll file it in the back of my mind in case.. Glad to know that there is now a precedent against this now..
                                As with all template letters, they need to be adapted to suit. The main point of that one is to address the harassment, not to make an agreement with them. Any wording that's not relevant should be edited or removed.

It has been very hot here and we had an incredible electric storm the other night too. Lightning all over the place.. During the previous night, there was the crack of thunder from hell at about 2am that nearly gave me a heart attack.! Just one, no distant rumbles to let you know there was a storm on the way!! Not even a rumbling build up on the single thunder clap. Just instant loud near heart attack inducing thunder! Sounded like someone let off a bomb in the house, it was that loud!

Cheers,
                                Dan..
                                There was a storm on Friday night but it was quite distant, I could see the lightning but not hear the rumble of thunder and very little rain fell here at that point, however, there was a power cut. I must say I'm terrified of lightning. :behindsofa: eep:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X