• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

1st Credit now claiming old HSBC loan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1st Credit now claiming old HSBC loan

Originally posted by wesd25 View Post
    So out of nowhere, I today received a PPI refund form from HSBC for the £1,684.94 PPI on this loan they said they owed me some 5 years ago but refused to pay when I desperately needed it..

Kama for HSBC!
    Well that's good news. Did they say why now ? A ''review'' ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: 1st Credit now claiming old HSBC loan

Hi Amethyst..

The only thing I can think of is that this is the result of the conversation I had with them after receiving their letter (the one a couple of posts above) last week admitting they had made a mistake on the statements for my loan and told me that they would refund the interest on the loan from the date of the mistake but use it to reduce the outstanding debt..

I let fly at them over the phone as their mistake must have happened very early on considering the amount of interest they were willing to refund and that since then, over five years have passed with this on my credit file and the have only just admitted their mistake to me now, and after point blank refusing to work with me to sort it all out at the time. They said they would look into 'it'. I wish I had sent a letter instead now as it would have been a good opportunity to remind them of what they did to me but never mind.. The conversation was recorded and I did happen to mention that their charges put me overdrawn and then they changed their terms and conditions locking me into an unfair situation where I couldn't negotiate which was unlawful on their part (not illegal - I've learnt not to use that!).. Not sure if that made a difference or not but it is on their tape recording for any lawyers to listen to if they felt like listening to an angry ex HSBC customer..!

Its funny, they put it in a way that they had offered me a ppi refund but I hadn't got back to them to let them know where to send it. The reason was that they were going to deduct it from the outstanding balance on my behalf so I didn't bother replying.

I'm assuming they are still applying the interest to the loan balance though, I don't know what they are doing about that as that seems to be a separate thing.. All very strange..

Just a quick edit, I originally sent the ppi complaint letter in December 2011! So much time stress, money and aggravation could have been saved if these people worked with their customers instead of doing everything they can to ruin them..

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X