• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

the curse of compello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the curse of compello

Hello All, I am very new here and looking for some advice - I have already scanned many posts relating to this company and would like to try and get some information on what I can do.
    To ensure I don't go on to much - to cut a very long story short....
    My husband took out finance for a car with Welcome Finance - I don't exactly know when but it was about 2008-2009 time (we got together in 2010 and he had it before then while he was with his ex)
    Basically he hasn't heard a thing until recently when he started to receive threatening letters from Keynes Collections, Raven Recoveries all stating that he owed £14k to this compello that had taken over an original creditor - welcome finance. who I discovered are now insolvent.

After lots of depression- I decided to seek advice to how we could pay this off - then last night I started to do research into this company after noticing that on the letters from Raven and Keynes and Compello - payment for the debt was actually to MKDP LLP which confused me as these all seemed to be servicing agents for each other.
    Then I found this website !! and started to panic as there are so much more to this 'compello group' after lots of searching on the FCA website - I cannot find much on this compello and a very nice lady from a debt advice service told me that Compello need to have a license number and need to be regulated by the FCA I can see on the letters they state they are members of the FCA but theres not much info about them on the FCA search services website. QUESTION: is the license number the same as the company registration number as they don't state a 'license number' for compello group anywhere!!-(I am so sorry if this is me sounding thick!!)

Also - looking into this compello group I see they have changed names from green hair and have a CEO and secretary surprisingly with the same name - this same name also crops up with a company called COMPELLO HOLDING LTD which also has the same CEO (and secretery) of COMPELLO OPERATIONS LTD - all with the same address in MK!!

My husband and I want to ensure if he does owe this £14k - we start paying it back - but we have no information as to how they have this fee of £14k, there's been no original paperwork sent from Compello, Raven or Keynes Collections- the only paperwork we have is the pre-contractual agreement that was with Welcome Finance for the car - which also states he wanted to pay PPI at a cost of £2k.

How do we go about finding out how much he owes and who the money is actually going to.

I am so sorry for going on! I am just massively confused, scared and just overall mashed in the head with all of this!!

Hope someone can help.

thankyou
    Tags: None

Re: the curse of compello

Hello and welcome.

The first thing you should so is to send a Subject Access Request to Welcome at their Head Office, providing details for your husband and the account.
    http://www.wfs.co.uk/contact-us

The SAR is a statutory right under the Data Protection Act for a copy of all personal data held on you by any organisation. This will cost you £10 and they have 40 days to respond. That will include the agreement, account details, info on selling the account and so on, so you will get a good account of the details.
    http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...otection-Act-)

Comment

It would help if you could tell us more about the actual account rather than the debt collectors. What was the history of the account and what happened to the car?

Comment

I thought Welcome went insolvent two or three years ago? Has hubby been keeping up the repayments?

Comment

Originally posted by doubleslap2 View Post
          I thought Welcome went insolvent two or three years ago? Has hubby been keeping up the repayments?
          Yes, I understand it was around that time they went insolvent, If I am honest - I don't know much about the actual account as we were not together when the account was made however I will get this information out of him this evening, I can see from the agreement now that the care hire was dated 2007 (my apologies I thought it was 08/09)
          unfortunately my husband couldn't keep up with the repayments, relationship broke down, moved house and buried his head in the sand, . I don't know as yet how much he paid off on the vehicle before he couldn't keep up the repayments of £531.67 p/m which was over a period of 36 months as I can see in the pre contractual agreement.
          I am sorry I cannot give much more information on this matter just yet but will try to get more out of my husband tonight.:tinysmile_cry_t:

Thankyou very much for your information regarding the SAR

Comment

The route to go is surely the SAR.
            I'm not clear what the picture is right now with Welcome, but they were owned by Cattles and still have contacts on their website. Someone must be responsible for their old accounts, and someone passed details on the collectors. I'll see if I can get more details on where to send the SAR.

Comment

Would I send the SAR to this address?

Head Office

Welcome Financial Services Ltd,
              Mere Way,
              Ruddington Fields Business Park,
              Ruddington,
              Nottingham,
              NG11 6NZ

Comment

I have posted a new thread to try to confirm the right address.

I also see that you have posted this thread in the Bailiff section. Is there a CCJ involved?

Comment

Sorry I may have posted it in the wrong section.
                  I don't think so - the last notification we got was 'notice of intended legal action' where they state 'legal action may be taken against you'
                  I just want to get this sorted because I am not savvy in anything law related and reading through the SAR is frightened more than anything else :-(
                  thank you for this

Comment

Originally posted by bambi2489 View Post
                    Yes, I understand it was around that time they went insolvent, If I am honest - I don't know much about the actual account as we were not together when the account was made however I will get this information out of him this evening, I can see from the agreement now that the care hire was dated 2007 (my apologies I thought it was 08/09)
                    unfortunately my husband couldn't keep up with the repayments, relationship broke down, moved house and buried his head in the sand, . I don't know as yet how much he paid off on the vehicle before he couldn't keep up the repayments of £531.67 p/m which was over a period of 36 months as I can see in the pre contractual agreement.
                    I am sorry I cannot give much more information on this matter just yet but will try to get more out of my husband tonight.:tinysmile_cry_t:

Thankyou very much for your information regarding the SAR
                    Sounds like he's not paid for some time then.

Comment

This thread seems to confirm that the address for the SAR is still the one on their website.
                      http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...449#post476449

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X