• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Default by Marlin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default by Marlin

Hi, I'm a new poster and hopefully someone can advise me! I had an unsecured loan with Northern Rock which went into default due to some family issues and owed about £2000.
    A default was shown on my credit report and the debt was passed to Marlin. I have been paying this off and it will be clear in the next few months.
    However, I have carried out a new credit report check and the Northern Rock default information has been removed and a new account shown under Marlin showing the default. It shows none of my payment history with Marlin.
    Are Marlin within their rights to show this default, as they never served any of the default notices etc?
    Thanks for many assistance.
    Tags: None

Re: Default by Marlin

Hiya Welcome to the site.

As long as Marlin haven't changed the date of default then yes this is fine and should still come off your record 6 years from original default.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

If an account gets assigned to a new owner then they become the new Data Controller, responsible for reporting on the account. That's standard practice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
        If an account gets assigned to a new owner then they become the new Data Controller, responsible for reporting on the account. That's standard practice.
        Thanks all, I just wasn't sure if they could do that.

Comment

Just to add that the previous payment history is not normally carried over, and in the case of a defaulted account no payment history is shown anyway. Default accounts just show status D or 8 each month regardless of payments. The only evidence of it being paid off would be any updates on the balance outstanding showing it going down.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X