• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mr Lender - Notice of Default Sums

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Lender - Notice of Default Sums

Hi,

After recently dealing with Mr Lender, I have been issues a notice of default sums. After the initial loan, I received no notification of roll-over by e-mail or text, something they said they would do and always have done in the past.

Due to my observational negligence, this loan rolled-over twice, both without my consent or notification.

I queried this on the phone and was met with a belligerent, rude person, so I insisted all communications be done by e-mail, a fact he couldn't get his head around.

After listing my concerns, I was given non-answers and accusations. I made a very decent offer of repaying the terms of the initial loan over the next 3 months, but not the interest they have added on as I have paid way over the odds on the two roll-overs I did not know were happening.

They refused this, and insisted on charging me the full interest, and have now also cut off contact by e-mail, which is how I intend to continue this as I want a record.

Does anyone have any advice? Are they able to just cut off contact and slap me with extra charges on top of the charges I am already being hit with?

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: Mr Lender - Notice of Default Sums

I would just set up repayments on the original amount owed pluss the fist lot of interest, ignore any communication unless it is to confirm this arrangement, wend them an email and hard copy with you repayment offer.

There is ot a lot they can do, the will try and intimidate and threaten of course , but no court would enforce two rollovers which had not been authorized by the debtor , and in any case by the time it was in court you would have paid it off. Of course don't pay by credit or debit card unless you have an account which can be isolated and used just to pay them ,(just to be on the safe side)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X