• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FCA Authorised Escrow Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCA Authorised Escrow Services

Hi All Legal Beagles,

Read about your website and Julian Siddle in the Guardian this weekend.
    You perform such good work - heartfelt thanks on behalf of the public for all the good LegalBeagles does.
    Thanks, and keep it up.

In the Guardian piece, Julian said 'not to hand over any money – in any form – unless they are physically looking at the car'.
    LegalBeagles also tweeted 'Buying a car you found online ? NEVER pay by bank or wire transfer before viewing the vehicle. #scamaware'.

LegalBeagles doesn't seem to be aware of the premier safe method of buying and selling cars - using FCA authorised escrow services.

The Metropolitan Police recommend using FCA authorised escrow services to buy and sell cars.
    See http://content.met.police.uk/Article.../1400010734360.

The only way that both a buyer and a seller can be simultaneously fully safe in a car transaction is by using an FCA authorised escrow service.

The buyer does not have to turn up to the vehicle carrying cash or other valuables.
    And the seller already knows that the car is paid for in full, irrevocably, before having to show the car to strangers.

One FCA authorised escrow service (I happen to work for it) has successfully handled thousands of car transactions and many millions of pounds of car transactions, helping car buyers and sellers to transact safely in the UK.

And the cost - just £2.99 per party.

The only thing to ensure is that you are working with the true FCA authorised escrow service.
    So i) check the FCA online register to make sure the website is genuine, authorised and safe, and ii) only deal with the secure website listed on the FCA register (exactly as it is listed on the register), and no other website (and never emails or phone calls or chat).
    If you follow the above two steps, you are safe.
    Tags: None

Re: FCA Authorised Escrow Services

I should add, our FCA authorised escrow company was called into New Scotland Yard three years ago !
    Wondering what we had done wrong, and fearing we would not see the light of day again for some time, we entered the building and went through security.

We were sat down by the head of the Met Police's Operation Sterling (anti-fraud), and warmly congratulated on offering a service that the Police had been waiting for for some years.
    Apparently, the heads of the automotive industry had got together some years earlier to hold a conference on how to eliminate fraud from the second-hand car market, and after the 'good and the great' of the industry put their heads together for some hours, they came away with only one solution - secure escrow. But no escrow service existed at the time.
    We had been called into New Scotland Yard precisely because the Police were so happy with our FCA authorised firm was now operating a secure escrow service.

And as I mentioned above, since then we have secured millions of pounds of vehicle and other sales for many buyers and sellers.

Comment

Re: FCA Authorised Escrow Services

Hi FairTrail and thank you for your comments.

I have to admit I am not aware of any companies offering that service and I am more than happy to discuss these with you and always ready to admit when I am wrong.

I will email you so we can discuss it in private 1st and then we can both post up here again after.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X