• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Warning Signs Of A Scam

Collapse
Important !
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning Signs Of A Scam

#scamaware

Look out for these warning signs and shop safely

VISIT www.scamaccounts.co.uk for more info
    Last edited by Amethyst; 23rd November 2014, 19:21:PM.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Tags: None

Re: Warning Signs Of A Scam

Any doubts WALK AWAY

Comment

Thanks Wales, I'll add it !
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
        Any doubts WALK AWAY
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Just trust your instinct! If you think it's a scam then leave it away. Most scammers offer so good to be true stuffs so you all need to be careful.

Last edited by enaid; 19th August 2015, 00:44:AM.

Comment

Principally, if it reads too good to be true then it’s almost certainly a scam.
            The easy things to look for in an email or post are

1. The sender.
            If the email claims to be from your bank yet the sender is not your bank then it’s a scam. Scammers use odd domain names such as printerdirectone.com or matlfinsihers.com but they also use domain names that are similar to what you would expect of the organisation. E.g. Sainsburys vouchers .co.uk or Lloydsbankaccount.co.uk or Lloyyds.com so read the sender’s address carefully
            2. Sent To.
            Any reputable organisation you’re dealing with knows your name so if the Sent To box shows “anonymous recipients” or shows the sender’s name then it’s a scam
            3. If the email claims to be a company and the bottom of the message does not contain a person’s name and contact details then it’s a scam.
            4. If the language is peculiar, there are misspellings, unusual grammar and similar mistakes then it is likely to be from a scammer.
            5. If the message contains a link then check where the link would take you to by hovering the cursor over the link. If the link words and actual address are different then it’s from a scammer. Do not click the link.
            6. If the message asks for your personal information then don’t reply unless you are sure the person is trustworthy.
            There are many more indicators of scam messages but it’s also true that scammers write their messages in various forms so do be careful and if in doubt – do not click or reply.
            You can read my blog on scammers, spammers and time-wasters at https://fightback.ninja

And you can hear me on Brooklands Radio every Tuesday and Friday morning at 11:30 at http://www.brooklandsradio.co.uk

The Fightback Ninja
            sigpic

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X